New books featuring the 15th Doctor and Ruby

7 Likes

I like the artwork. It’s so much better than that used on the Eccleston/Tenant/Smith books.

4 Likes

That’s some artwork :+1:
Two authors I don’t know and Una McCormack - should be interesting!

3 Likes

Looks fun! Cant wait!

1 Like

There’s summaries of all of them on amazon

Ruby Red

“What a coming-of-age ritual: throw a 16-year-old warrior at some random galactic battle, then give them a pat on the back and their own sword if they survive.”
April, 1242: the Doctor and Ruby answer a distress call sent from medieval Russia. The signal’s sender? Ranavere, an alien girl forced to take part in a barbaric conflict between the armies of Estonia and Novgorod on the frozen surface of Lake Peipus.
Ranavere wants to escape, but her distress call has summoned her warmongering sisters, intent on preserving family tradition whatever the cost. And as human battle begins, the Doctor and Ruby must face a more devastating threat – a monstrous entity with plans of conquest, growing stronger beneath the icy lake…

Caged

Are aliens ever abducted by aliens? And if they were, would anyone believe their story?
When the Doctor and Ruby arrive on Cavia, they meet a gentle local who is certain that she has been taken for study by creatures from the stars. The Doctor is concerned to find mysterious meteors appearing in the sky, while strange robotic creatures crowd the forests, watching everything and waiting for… what?
Who is interested in Cavia, and why? What is the sinister truth of the abductions? The Doctor and Ruby must discover the secrets of this mysterious world – and those who would seek to destroy it…

Eden Rebellion

On the crystalline planet of Yewa, the Gardens of Kubuntu are a true Eden, said to be the most peaceful destination in the universe. At least, until the Doctor and Ruby arrive.
Ancient rivalries between Yewa and its more prosperous sister world of Bia are being stirred by forces unknown, threatening to plunge its people into anarchy. With Ruby swept up in the fire of the Yewan rebellion, the Doctor finds dark secrets buried deep in the planet’s ancient history – and his hopes for a lasting peace hanging by a thread. For sinister guardians stalk the Gardens of Kubuntu, while an implacable enemy plots in the shadows – and in plain sight…

11 Likes

That cover artwork is almost too good for a Who book :heart_eyes: I’m already excited!

Georgia Cook has written two Eleventh Doctor Chronicles for Big Finish but Abi Falase is completely new to the Whoniverse as far as I’m aware.

5 Likes

On top of these, it looks like we’re getting Target novelizations of Space Babies, 73 Yards and Rogue. Happened to be looking at the tardis.wiki article for the new season and saw them mentioned there. Unfortunately, the links barely give any info. The wiki articles give more data than the links.

5 Likes

We knew DWN 2 was Rogue, but yeah, seems pengiun must’ve accidentally leaked the other two and the authors (Alison Rumfitt for Space Babies and Scott Handcock for 73 Yards (I called it!)), and then just fixed it before they could get an interenet archive snapshot

That said, I can’t see any evidance of them leaking so could also just be someone added them to Tardis Wiki and no-one’s gone back and checked (though doubt it’s this given how good tardis wiki is with these things)

3 Likes

Having watched last night’s episodes, I take it the three original novels are all going to be set in the 6 month gap established between Space Babies and The Devil’s Chord.

3 Likes

Slight season 1 spoiler:

Did I miss something, didn’t they basically roll straight into The Devil’s Chord?

1 Like

The Church on Ruby Road and Space Babies both have Ruby from Christmas Eve 2023, but in The Devil’s Chord it’s established that Ruby’s current/relative time on Earth is now June 2024, this is mentioned in the TARDIS.

4 Likes

Was just about to post this but you beat me to it!

No definitely not - firstly the episode kicked off with both the Doctor & Ruby wearing completely different outfits - then they established that the time at Ruby’s home was June/July 2024 - Space Babies was Xmas 2023.

3 Likes

I’ve seen stuff with dubious or no source on TARDIS wiki… (notably that the snowman scene in Church on Ruby Road was added in because Disney asked for it–was stated without a source, only source linked was the Chakoteya transcript, which included speculation that the scene was there because of Disney. No actual evidence. Not sure whether it’s still there. Someday I’ll get into wiki editing but I haven’t yet)

2 Likes

If it helps I can confirm this nugget is true! Russell T Davies talks about it during the scene in the episode’s commentary, roughly 6 minutes in.

3 Likes

the snowman scene thing is confirmed by RTD in one of the behind the scenes things (I think it’s the commentary track) and backed up by the fact it was filmed in public well after production wrapped on the rest of the episode

3 Likes

TARDIS wiki needs to be putting a source on that then! it’s totally plausible either way but tell us where you got it, for those of us who don’t seek out the commentary!

2 Likes

Agreed. TARDISwiki need more sources. Some of the behind the scenes things on there are hard to believe.

1 Like