Music - the one stop music topic

Don’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

1 Like

In the category of both musical artists that are more of an acquired taste then Tom Waits & musical artists that really should have been a character on Doctor Who…

I love the Owl House! :star_struck:
I mostly listen to My Chemical Romance and NOAHFINNCE, who I met at a signing, and he was really nice.
Outside of that, I love Heathers the Musical (even if the film’s better) and I often catch myself humming Dead Girl Walking.
The rest of my music taste is incredibly varied, from Oasis and Pulp to Ride The Cyclone and Six

1 Like

The Owl House was wonderful. Major shame it was cancelled.

Though it seems like Disney might’ve gotten the idea that cancelling it was a bad idea too, when they saw the viewing numbers on the last three episodes…

3 Likes

Let’s hope so. My eldest loved it.

1 Like

Finally got to see Sunn O))) live, The final date of their current tour. Loud is an understatement.

Saw the wonderful Paraorchestra this evening, an orchestra of disabled & non-disabled musicians, They were doing a new work in collaboration with Surgeons Girl. Highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

1 Like

One of my favourite bands, new tune.

poped on my random music playlist. couple of years since i last heard it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Honestly, I never used to appreciate musicals.

Mary, one of my good friends on Twitter, introduced me to Hazbin Hotel and got me hooked on musicals though. Now I listen to the songs from that show pretty much every day.

‘Hell’s Greatest Dad’ and ‘Poison’ are just iconic.

1 Like

My two kids listen to those songs too (although I’m pretty sure most of them aren’t suitable for my 12 year old… :thinking:)

1 Like

My nice red vinyl arrived, 25th anniversary release of Portishead’s Live From The Roseland Ballroom, NY gig :headphones: :hearts:

1 Like

Anyone have their takes on The Tortured Poets Department? My partner and I are both in agreement that it feels more like Taylor Swift wrote a poetry book that was set to backing tracks than an actual album but I can’t say I totally hate it like some do.

One of my absolute favourite composers is Frank Klepacki, who I’m practically always listening to.

He’s probably most well known for creating the majority of the soundtracks for the Command and Conquer franchise - most of his work is firmly in the Industrial Rock genre, but it’s so damn good.

2 Likes

this is my youth

3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like