Music - the one stop music topic

I felt a deep sorrow when she passed last year.
Thanx for sharing the song.

4 Likes

No problem.

I did too. She was a great musician. That particular song is one you can tell was somewhat autobiographical, and also gives you an idea of how bad her relationship with her father must have been.

Definitely one I love. “Strong independent pagan woman singing…”

Here’s another song of hers that I just find very catchy. One of these songs where I have to feel it should have been a big hit…

4 Likes

Colin Stetson is a force of nature

4 Likes

This song has refused to dislodge itself from my brain since the album released

4 Likes

latest-1198791005

5 Likes

Fitting for the current weather: Malaria - Kaltes, Klares Wasser
(translates to cold, clear water)
The original is one of my all time favorites.

But I also do like the 2001 remix. Even as I still prefer to dance to the original. Yeah, I am weird like that. :wink:
(maybe nsfw)

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Ah, the obscure first album. I really liked the Aubade (and I am not like other birds of prey) piece, but remember little else from that one.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s one of these spots where I can understand its obscurity, since it’s practically not the same band, but it’s still a good album. Of course, after that, once their lineup changed, they had several amazing albums…

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m a fairly big Supertramp fan, have all the albums from Crime of the Century to Brother Where you Bound. Had Free as a Bird on cassette, but didn’t think much of that one.

I forgot, I also quite like Surely - and Surely (Reprise) - from that first album. Short and sweet.

4 Likes

Yeah, I pretty much have everything up to when Roger Hodgson left, then some of his solo albums. Definitely a big fan, but then, while I moved around a fair amount when growing up, one of the places I lived was Grass Valley, which is where Roger went after leaving.

It’s been a long time, but I have seen him in concert without Supertramp…

4 Likes
3 Likes

Incredible!

5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes