Movie time

I’m also on Letterboxd! I added you @shauny. Everyone can feel free to follow me if they like - I watch a lot of movies and review them frequently.

I’m going to watch Monkey Man today for this exact reason!

I can’t wait to watch Furiosa! Fury Road is such a wild thrill ride!

1 Like

I was on Letterboxd but haven’t used it for ages so maybe I’ll hop back on as I’ll have friends there now.

3 Likes

This is me - but it’s rather outdated!

1 Like

Ha - now I see why you’re called Mr Coldstream :smiley:

1 Like

I’m another letterboxd devotee ‎moviedromer’s profile • Letterboxd

My deepest secret is revealed :scream::scream:

I’ve gone by many names on the web but this is one that seems to have stuck with me ever since I married my wife (I took her surname!): it sounds pretty nice when translated to English :grin:

2 Likes

The other big blockbuster I’m looking forward to.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m cautiously optimistic about this. While I love Fury Road I’m worried it may be a hard film to live up to… but it has Anya so I’ll go to the cinema to see it.

2 Likes

Same but it looks good. Will try to go to IMAX screening

2 Likes

Just watched Turtles All the Way Down. Loved the book when I read it in high school and the movie absolutely lived up to my memory of it. Definitely recommend it if you have access to it.

1 Like

Just got home from seeing Challengers. Damn that was good.

1 Like

Ha I missed that. Yeah that sounds good translated :+1:

If I went with mine I would be “City of Worms”… Think I’ll stick with Bill Filer.

Though when we married we also chose my wife’s middle name which would sound a lot better translated into English: “Raven Castle”

And there you have the first two books in your hypothetical upcoming sci-fi fantasy series: City of Worms and Castle of Ravens! They’re followed by the epic conclusion in Bill of Filers!

2 Likes

:joy:

Actually the conclusion is all about an accountant: Filer of Bills

Edit: Oh another installment in the Bill Filer Sci-fi Universe© is based on my nickname at school: Raging Mouse

4 Likes

Save these titles for later. One day you might want to use them when Big Finish hires you to write for their Bill Filer spin-off (why hasn’t it happened yet…?).

1 Like

My entire life has lead me to this! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sunday night Hammer horror time.

2 Likes

We watched Saltburn last night - I must say I was expecting it to be way more of a weird horror than it actually was. I enjoyed it just fine but I have no idea what the internet was freaking out about when it came out. Or maybe we’re just weird :woman_shrugging:

1 Like