Deep Cover
Not as well known as as those other Goldblum movies you’ve mentioned, but it’s severely underseen and one of my favourites of his.
Deep Cover
Not as well known as as those other Goldblum movies you’ve mentioned, but it’s severely underseen and one of my favourites of his.
Going to watch another movie tonight: Stargate starring Kurt Russell and a young James Spader[1].
I know Spader primarily as Ultron and Raymond Reddington ↩︎
Finished Stargate. That was good. I doubt I’ll continue on with any of the TV Series, but I enjoyed that.
The film is great. SG-1 is very much a cheaper continuation, with a more episodic approach. I enjoy all the shows, but I still think the OG film is the better from a production standpoint.
The OG Stargate film is the best, Jaye Davidson (nominated for an Oscar for The Crying Game) was an awesome Ra. James Spader was great, too. His early movies were awesome.
I’m also a fan of the canceled Star Gate Universe show and think it had a lot of potential. Plus it has one of my favorite actors in it, Robert Carlyle. I vaguely recall liking Atlantis a little, I don’t think I got heavily into SG-1.
Universe had potential, and was showing it towards the end. It was trying to do a Battlestar Galactica feeling show, but I don’t think it was managing it. I love SG-1 and Atlantis. Episodic and kinda cheap, but solid bread-and-butter sci-fi.
Yeah! There were also long stretches where nothing happened I seem to recall, pacing issues or something. That one episode of Universe though, Time, where they kept seeing themselves die on recording. Intense.
And BSG was an amazing show.
Ok, sorry, I totally went off into TV in a movie thread.
That’s fine. It’s not nearly as off-topic as we sometimes get, since the TV talk is still relevant to the movie being discussed.
Watching Batman: Hush during supper.
For Argento, I saw Dark Glasses
recently. Eh it was ok. I liked how it was filmed but I didn’t overly love it. It was a lot like other thrillers before it with a similar plot. I might need to rewatch it at some point.
Finished Batman: Hush. This was good. Totally blindsided by the villain reveal. I think I had more fun with Bad Blood, but this was still a solid film and the finale battle was quite good. Definitely have to look for more of these.
Just watched “Perfect Blue”, I went to see it in cinemas knowing absolutely nothing. I was expecting anything but a tense psychological horror.
I need a hug.
Perfect Blue is very good. It’s a bit of a head-F if you’re not prepared.
It’s an influential film too. See Black Swan for a sorta remake.
One of my favourites! The amount I would give to see it in theatres.
But, yeah, it can really f**k your day up if you don’t know what you’re in for.
Thank Omega I watched it in the evening hehe
By the way, I watched a 4k restorated anniversary edition. I would check your local cinemas - who knows, it might be there
Going to watch Black Water starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren on a submarine tonight.
That was fun. An action thriller on a submarine. I will say that is it mainly a Van Damme film, while Lundgren plays a important part, he’s not in it nearly as much as I’d hoped. Still, a great way to kill an evening: 4.5/5.