Moffat will write the 2024 Christmas Special?

3 Likes

Iā€™d love a new episode by Moffatā€¦ but I think Iā€™ll wait until heā€™s commented about it before getting excited.

1 Like

You are right. I added a ā€œ?ā€ to the title to not set the excitment level to high

2 Likes

There have been rumours about Moffat returning to the show for an episode and it wouldnā€™t surprise me if true, but I will wait for an official announcement as I do hate this era of ā€˜sourcesā€™ and rumours and news being leaked/twisted (like the whole Ruby leaving/new companion nonsense).

4 Likes

That would be pretty sweet, if true

Iā€™d take this with a grain of salt. RTD has talked about writing this yearā€™s Christmas special in DWM (and the showrunner usually does), so this seems a bit odd. I guess Moffat and RTD could co-write it (imagine that!).

2 Likes

RTF, Moffat and Chibnall have been seen together a few times lately.
The three showrunners teaming up?

1 Like

To defeat Omega, no doubt.

9 Likes

Hmmm RTD has definitely talked about writing the 2024 Christmas Special already, itā€™s already filmed I think!? So definitely take this rumour with a handful of salt.

2 Likes

Of course, weā€™re still left with the question of what the special will be about.

Missy accidentally murders Santa Claus, and is coerced by the Doctor into delivering all the presents this year?

(Okay, probably notā€¦)

3 Likes

Iā€™d watch that! :laughing:

Whilst I think shoehorning in ā€œChristmasā€ into a story every year can get a bit repetitive, I must say Iā€™m so happy that Christmas Specials are back :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™d definitely watch it!

Feels like something to slot someplace into season 10, with 12 and Bill and Nardole, though. Maybe not long before World Enough and Time.

Itā€™s been long enough that a Christmas special would be nice, though every year would definitely be a bit much.

Only if Nick Frost returns as Santa, has an actor ever had a more appropriate name ?:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Well, as long as he can fit it in, since heā€™s currently being filmed in ā€œHow to Train Your Dragonā€.

(And it probably goes without saying that the accidental part was the victim being Santa Claus. Missy absolutely intended to murder someone. Maybe she was using her tissue compressor to make a Santa tree ornament for a Christmas treeā€¦)

3 Likes

Hmmm, not sure how to feel about this one - if true, wellā€¦ I really like Moffatā€™s era but donā€™t we think itā€™s time to let some other writers have a goā€¦

2 Likes

Well, the announcement of episode titles and writers has proved this one wrong. Yes, Moffat is writing an episode. No, itā€™s not the Christmas Special.

He could also be writing the christmas special, we havenā€™t had that disconfirmed

Fair enough. I thought Iā€™d heard that RTD was writing the Christmas special. But weā€™ll see.

I donā€™t he will write the Christmas episode now that he is the writer of one of the season-one stories.

Looks like he is writing the Christmas special this year after all.

6 Likes