Moffat will write the 2024 Christmas Special?

This will be interesting - I have to say I probably prefer RTD’s Christmas specials but I am also the only fan in existence who love The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe.

6 Likes

Interesting that this will be the first special to not be written by the current showrunner.

4 Likes

Oh nice! I actually prefer Moffat’s Christmas specials.

1 Like

you :handshake: me: the only The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe fans in the world

For real though, I am excited to see more Moffat even if there is still a part of me going ok, new writers when…

5 Likes

RTD has indicated that there will be more new writers for S2, including I believe confirmation somewhere of at least one Black writer for the season (though the fact that there’s not one for S1 still stands out as probably the biggest unforced error of the era so far)

7 Likes

Given the writers for the season are RTD, RTD, Steven Moffat, RTD, RTD, Kate Herron/Briony Redman, RTD, and RTD, there’s definitely room for more diversity…

8 Likes

After being put off by Russell T Davies writing the majority of the new episodes, it really does feel like a monkey’s paw that the Christmas special would turn out to be Moffat instead. It’ll be interesting though, I hope it’ll be good! I already have a good feeling about Boom. Calling it now, the guest star’s character is named Joy and that’s why it’s called “Joy to the World”, that sounds like a very Moffat thing to do.

5 Likes

It could also be that the episode is about the Solitract…

2 Likes

Also, I’ll be very disappointed if this song isn’t in the episode:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ClaraEchoes/status/1790314075161084021

This is sneeky!!!

8 Likes

What other episodes has he hidden here? Negative? Fine Without Me, the return of Me? Who knows eh? Who, knows?

4 Likes

Oh that is brilliant! That man is so witty!

4 Likes