Malo's introduction! yep

howdy! my name is malo, and i’ve been a fan of doctor who, on and off, since 2014 or so when my dad introduced me to it starting from the beginning of nuwho.

after feeling disillusioned with the direction the 12th doctor’s stories were going in for his debut series, i fell off the TV show for a long time. only now going back do i find that, while that season still isn’t my favorite, the 12th doctor is a highlight indeed.

i’ve returned to the show sometime early last year, excited for the 15th doctor (and his season was pretty good!). more than the modern seasons, though, i’ve been slowly working through the classic doctors. the second doctor is growing on me a lot, though it’s a shame about the lost footage.

i’ve also been dipping my toes into the audio dramas, listening in more or less release order. i’ve found the 6th doctor stories are some of my favorites so far, and the 8th’s are also great.

anyway, i’m sure i’ll continue casually watching and listening. thanks for the chance to ramble about it, as there are no fans i know in real life (though my sister might be soon haha)!

18 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site and forum.

I had a similar experience with Twelve. While it’s still not my favourite, there are some redeeming things hidden in there.

I’m a big fan of Six in audio. They seem to have the right balance of brash and morality.

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about in the site or forum, feel free to ask, and we will point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

5 Likes

A big welcome to you.
I hope you enjoy your stay.

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to hearing your takes on the topics around here :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the site @dogfish - good to have you here. There seem to be a lot of fans around here who were introduced to the show by their parents.

6 Likes

Welcome! Six on audio is wonderful, his stories are some of my favourites. Looking forward to seeing you about!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here

5 Likes

Welcome! You’ll find this a great place to share your thoughts. We’re non-judgemental so feel free to chat happily. It’s a friendly community of people who genuinely love DW. We all have different favourites and different stories that challenge us, and we love a good conversation.

7 Likes