Hi Mindfog here

Hello. I’m still finding my feet. I’m 53 and live in Suffolk. The name comes from a symptom I get quite often that means I can’t think straight. I know a few of you from talking Doctor Who on Mastodon. I liked the idea of a positive site dedicated to Doctor Who where I’m unlikely to get flamed or drawn into “a frank exchange of opinions”. It’s taking a while for me to navigate my way through and I’ve not got anywhere near logging everything I’ve watched, read or listened to. I have been a fan for half a century, so please bear with me!

12 Likes

Welcome! I’m from Suffolk too! :smile:

Thank you. Yes I think we’re actually quite close, going by what you’ve said on Mastodon. :grinning:

Welcome Mindfog - thanks for bringing the average age back to something respectable!

Hope we can have some positive discussions about the show we all love.

Yes it would be nice to indulge in some civility! Glad to hear that there are some other oldies here!

3 Likes

Sometimes I don’t have the energy or brain power to participate fully, but I do look in at least once most days. I do a bunch of likes or similar and I like to read what most of you guys have to say. I can’t always keep up though!

6 Likes

:wave:t2: from Yorkshire.

Mindfog is something I suffer regularly from, as part of my ADHD, as well as a executive dysfunction, and short term memory issues.

So we can have some positive, non toxic discussions…I think. What was I doing?

Why am I in the kitchen?

:sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I know that feeling ah so well. And the lack of executive function is massively frustrating! Solidarity!

3 Likes

3 Likes

The number of projects I’ve started and want to work on, but can’t manage to get back to, even if I’m sitting in front of a computer with the project open…

4 Likes

I’ve got to the point where I don’t manage to start any projects any more. Not trying to do one upmanship on the lack of personal ability, but it is more disabling than many people realise. When the brain goes into neutral, it’s impossible to locate a gear. It just stays idling for hours. I feel your pain.

4 Likes

Totally understand, and I’ll admit, I’m rather glad when I manage to get started on a project, too. I’ve definitely been there, not able to get anything done more than I’d like…

2 Likes

How do I convert this introduction into a verification? I’m a bit confused.

1 Like

I’ve verified you! You joined before this was a thing :blush:

2 Likes

Hooray! I’m no longer a bot!

4 Likes

R

3 Likes

Drat! I’ve been found out!

2 Likes

2 Likes