Yes!
I’ve been waiting for this. Now I’m truly in!
Thank you!
Welcome! I love Babylon 5 too, one of the best written scifi shows ever!
Totally agree with you. I love the lore, the history and world building of the aliens that go there! How the Centauri rose once more as a Empire to be reckoned with and the Shadows. I so love the Shadows! Brilliant character development of Londo and G’Kar! Just a brilliant series. ![]()
Welcome!! ![]()
Thank you. Been looking through the many topics on here, quite a lot to choose from! ![]()
Hello New, I’m Old!
(Not really, I just couldn’t resist the joke. I’m one of the original members on this forum but I’m quite a lot younger than you are since I’m only a little bit older than BF’s Doctor Who output. I am, in fact, two months older than the TV Movie).
Welcome to the community! It’s truly great to have you here and I hope you enjoy chatting with us ![]()
Anyway, you like history?! That’s great, I find it fascinating as well! It’s a pity the modern series doesn’t do pure historicals like Classic Who used to do, since those were often some of the best serials of the 60s. But at least we have BF to give us more of those!
Hello Mr Cold Stream, I love your name The Eleventh Finncarnation. I’ve been to Finland on a tour a few years back from Helsinki right up to the top, crossing over into Norway. That was in the Summer but I did a smaller one in March that did just the Lapland area of Finland and Sweden. Did Rovaniemi and saw the Northern Lights a few times up there, it was Amazing! Really good memories. The historicals of William Hartnell are my favourites, it’s real heartbreaking that out of all of them, they are only 4 that are complete - 5 if you include the first story. Thankfully Big Finish has more than come to the table, the writers really do their homework, which is what you want because that is what makes you want to learn more about that part of history when the story is done! Very glad to be here and so welcomed to be onboard. Thank you! ![]()
Oh, that’s nice! You’ve experienced some of the best aspects of Finland! Good to hear that you enjoyed it as well, you’re welcome back anytime ![]()
The Crusade and Marco Polo are two of my favourite Hartnells despite only two of the eleven episodes existing.
The Crusades is one of my all time favourites too. The writing and acting is superb, especially that fight between Richard and Joanna - pure gold! Wish more would be found especially the ones we have no episodes of, just to see something of what they looked like. That is what I love about Big Finish they teach. The Outlaws is a great example, showing there really was a female Sheriff in 13th century England - actually there had been two! They are finding all these hidden bits of history and at last giving them voice. I think it’s great! It’s Big Finish doing what they do best! Long may it continue!