Hello! I'm Shauny

Hey, I’m Shauny - creator of the TARDIS Guide website.

I registered the domain 3 years ago (almost to the day! February 2021) because I had an idea - a database of Doctor Who TV stories, which you can filter by Doctor, companion, monster, and more. Then I realised I could expand it into Big Finish, which I had dabbled with and was just getting into even more.

Boy did I not realise what I had let myself in for! I didn’t quite realise the size and scope of Big Finish, and then I started adding books as well…

It took a long time of slowly updating the site until I finally finished all of TV last year and opened the site up for beta users. Then I started adding the audios.

I had a family member who was very unwell at the time, and we had a lot of time on our hands, so I spent a very long time with my nose in a laptop doing this, it was a good distraction.

By winter 2023 I had a very large database, and had added loads of features like quotes as well. I started to spread the word (after hesitating a lot, because perfect is the enemy of good) and had around 180 users by the end of 2023.

Then in January 2023 I started to publicise the site even more - spurred on by a need to see if all this effort was worth making! It seems to have paid off, because now we have over 800 members, growing daily.

I added a Discord server which is a lot of fun, but some people are clamouring for an old fashioned forum, so here we are!

Enjoy the site, let me know if you have any questions, allons-y!

18 Likes

I forgot to actually say anything about myself :sweat_smile:

I’m late 30s, and married to a really great guy :blush: we have 2 sons from his previous marriage, who I have known since they were little. We get together often and play board games and watch movies!

I live in the South East of England, UK!

8 Likes

Hadn’t realised you were in the south east - we’re probably not that far away from each other!

Ah where are you? I’m near Woodbridge.

Near Croydon. So probably not that close but only a couple of hours I think.

Far enough that I don’t have to worry about you knocking on my door to ask when I’ve finished adding The Collection Season 17 Special Edition Blu Ray to the site then :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You cheeky bugger!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[pedant mode] And it’s Standard Edition not Special Edition [/pedant mode]

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum of TARDIS.Guide!

TARDIS.Guide is a passion project made by @shauny and is a welcoming and inclusive community. It is so nice to have you here. If you have the time and are not changing your time zone all the time please join our clubs. Would be interesting to here your opinion on different stuff? For example, do you like spreadsheets?

10 Likes

5cb1114e4f1a94c33812a2c332da0c3a

4 Likes

Thank you for this unexpected, totally unprompted, welcome :rofl:

I do love spreadsheets yes and it’s lucky because for some reason people keep sending them to me! I’ve not idea why :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here and appreciate all the work our creator put into the place.

6 Likes

Hi Shauny! It’s great to have you here! Looking forward to seeing your opinions about dr who!

7 Likes

HI Shauny, we’ve got a bunch of clubs you can join as well if you’re interested!

7 Likes

Why hello :wave:
Shauny was it? :wink:

6 Likes

This was all about me and as usual now it’s all about him…

6 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site. :upside_down_face:

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about in the site or forum, feel free to ask, and we will point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

5 Likes

He actually does need to join us in the Comic Club - and he’s weeks behind in the books and audio :smiley:

5 Likes

Is he behind or in a new time zone?

5 Likes

Or a signal delay from being on another planet. It wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

4 Likes