Hello! An introduction

Hi, I’m Jasper, but you can call me either that or Arctic. I’ve been using the site to track Classic stories since some time in the winter. I’ve been listening to a lot of those Lost Episodes audios so keeping track of what’s on iPlayer and what I need the next CD for has been really helpful.

I started watching Doctor Who in 2007 because when I first looked at it in 2005 I immediately saw a Slitheen unzipping her forehead and I was like NOPE. My favourite era was probably about S4-S5, which is obviously not the same era, but quite similar vibes I’d say. As a teenager the 11th Doctor made me feel more secure about myself and the things I liked and the ways I wanted to dress and as a result Doctor Who has been really close to my heart ever since.

Been absolutely loving the new season and can’t wait for Christmas! But in the meantime the Doctor and Jamie shall keep me company as I continue my journey through Classics :blue_heart::blue_heart:

19 Likes

Welcome! Eleven did much the same thing for me <3 Looking forward to seeing you around!

6 Likes

thank you! and sweet, Eleven’s good folks :blush:

8 Likes

Love the second Doctor and Jamie!

5 Likes

yes! they are fantastic :smile: after Rogue I was like welp if the Doctor’s textual boyfriend is going to fall down a hole at least I have his subtextual boyfriend :joy:

9 Likes

A big welcome to you.

5 Likes

Welcome!

My first memory was of the Sontaran, Styre, lifting his helmet to reveal an altogether inhuman face. I was riveted (even as my mother berated my father for letting me watch something that would give me nightmares).

Then, in 1979, I was captivated (and horrified) as Count Scarlioni ripped off his own face to reveal a spaghetti faced green monster underneath.

This show is uniquely wonderful!

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site and forum.

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about in the site or forum, feel free to ask, and we will point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

4 Likes

oh goodness that sounds terrifying… can’t wait!

6 Likes

Though often a bit daffy in production (especially by comparison with modern TV), classic Who was just as likely to deal with big ideas and dark concepts. I love it now as I did then, though now I also have our beautiful new show to enjoy. I mean, we really are sooo lucky!

:laughing:

8 Likes

we really flipping are you know

7 Likes

Welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your time with us!

My favourite Doctors are 11 and 2 and the Two/Jamie TARDIS team is so much fun!

7 Likes

Welcome! You’ve been a member for ages, nice to see you join in the forum :smile:

6 Likes

thanks shauny, yeah took me a while to get round to it but happy to be here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ArcticAtlantic - it’s great to have you here.

5 Likes

Hiya! Welcome to the forum, great to see another eleven fan here :tardis:

4 Likes