Free For All Chat Thread

Just thought I’d make a thread to just post random things in when you don’t feel like dedicating a whole thread to them, but want to post in a thread, not the chat function.

Here’s a screenshot of me playing with an ai a few minutes ago, uploading a picture and asking it to describe said picture… :stuck_out_tongue:

(I was left wondering if the ai was trolling me…)

5 Likes

If everyone ran around in armour such as that it might actually get me to watch Star Trek :joy:

1 Like

Funny thing is it’s trolling Star Trek lovers, too, because, far from being the protagonist, Picard was only in the first episode or so of DS9…

3 Likes

Yeah that has to be deliberate trolling then right? Just needs to work in some sort of Star Wars reference in there to really rile up those “true fans” :grin:

2 Likes

Well, that AI is banned from this forum. One does not simply claim that Omega and Picard are the same person (or, are they…?)

I see a plot twist coming. RTD, are you reading this?

2 Likes

This one’s fairly limited anyways. Seems like discussing pictures you upload is most of what it can do (though telling you what the text on a picture says is neat). It’s small enough I can run it on my computer locally, though…

1 Like

It did do a little better here, btw.

Edit: Guess there is an online version around.

“How many beans make five?”

Huh? :thinking:

It has come up a couple of times in Classic Who, but what does this nonsense actually mean, asking for a non-native speaker such as myself :grin:

As far as I’m aware it means ‘simple maths’ as in ‘How many beans make five?’ - well, five obviously because I can count.

That’s certainly what the Brig means in Mawdryn Undead when the Doctor is surprised he’s a Maths teacher. He’s competent enough at Maths to be able to teach it.

Sure that makes sense I suppose. I guess I thought it was from a poem or nursery rhyme or something like that.
It always confused me a bit watching The Ambassadors of Death…

Every time I comment I think to myself, “These people must be tired of hearing me talk about Six all the time” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t expect anything less, I mean look at your avatar :smiling_face: /lh

Actually thinking out loud, I wonder if I could make a mod to easily add those tone indicators and have a tooltip to say what they mean…

1 Like
4 Likes

Poll time!

Lulubelle

• Team Ruby (What a terrible name!)
  • Team Doctor (Such a brilliant name!)
0 voters
1 Like

What with the Beatles coming to Doctor Who I just wanted to let you know that I will be rating that story 0,5/5 :star: if it does not include either a flashback scene or at least a reference to Ian dancing to “Ticket to Ride” in “The Chase”.

That’s it. Fair’s fair. Carry on with your day. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Happy Beltane (aka May Day)

Also its International Workers’ Day (aka Labour Day) celebrated in some countries,

3 Likes