Favourite TARDIS exterior

The thread about the Tardis interiors made me think about the outside of the TARDIS.

Although it’s less drastic, this often gets a refresh too at the start of a new era.

I think my fav is the the one introduced in 13s era.

IMG_3995

7 Likes

I like the banged up War Doctor version. The old girl has been through some s**t.

Also enjoy the First Doctors skinny tardis

(middle)

4 Likes

I really like the ones with the ambulance sticker. It feels very Doctor-y to me.

1 Like

I think I agree 13s (and now 14s and 15s I guess) is the best its been for a while. I also have a soft spot for the 9/10 exterior

where would we be without tardis.png

2 Likes

I have less strong opinions on TARDIS exteriors than interiors but I think I’d agree that the one introduced with 13 is my favorite! So glad they decided to keep it for RTD2, I think the black sign with white text just looks really nice.

1 Like

Hilarious to me that this exact image is what they used in the 13th doctor reveal video. I get that it probably wasn’t worth making an actual prop for a brief reveal video but it’s just really funny that they used one of the first images that pop up when you google “TARDIS”.

3 Likes

Yes! 13s tardis exterior is great, hers and nine are probably my favorites at the moment

2 Likes

I kind of find the miniature TARDIS prop from the early days of Doctor Who rather endearing :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I like when its flying through space and you tell its this model on a black surface with a star effect laid over it.

3 Likes

A pupil in my class last year got me this as a present - I was so chuffed with it as I’d been eyeing it up since it was released.

I do love the pink one from The Happiness Patrol.

8 Likes

What about when the TARDIS is painted pink in The Happiness Patrol

Obviously wouldn’t want her to stay that way after that that story ended but I love it within that story, possibly just because I love The Happiness Patrol, but still.

Or the one with the flowers and Clara painted on in Hell Bent

It’s certainly very pretty

9 Likes

I love McGann’s TARDIS exterior!

SNAP - I was literally about to post a picture of this alongside my pink TARDIS love!

2 Likes

I was thinking the pink TARDIS from Happiness Patrol, but looks like several people are already thinking the same way…

I agree that Thirteen’s TARDIS is gorgeous, but I prefer the black text on a white background. Feels less “dark mode everything” to me - and I say this as someone who puts everything on dark mode. I will always have a soft spot for Nine’s, but Eleven’s is probably my favourite. I can say for certain that I don’t like the black and white windows on Twelve’s. The one from the end of Hell Bent is absolutely gorgeous, though, and I hope to one day have the time and energy to paint it on my wardrobe.

1 Like

Maybe not my favorite, but this one’s worthy of note…

vlcsnap-2024-04-30-14h49m07s628

4 Likes

And this one, don’t forget:

All together now. - da da daaaaa dadadada daaaaaaaa da.

6 Likes

This one isn’t the Doctor’s TARDIS, but it’s a classic.

vlcsnap-2024-04-30-14h53m39s812

I do like that this one opens…
vlcsnap-2024-04-30-14h56m42s921

5 Likes

Silly delta. Peri isn’t a TARDIS.

3 Likes

aww…shes just a baby :pleading_face:

1 Like