Doctor Who Season One Finale in Cinemas

I believe so, at least the website is UK only.

5 Likes

Guess I just need to sit closer to my tv and kick up my Dolby for the cinema feel.

6 Likes

Make sure to cook some popcorn! :popcorn:

7 Likes

Funny thing is the wife was just talking about getting some popcorn earlier.

6 Likes

I may have had a change of mind :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

You lucky England-living bastards.

Being an English Doctor Who fan in America means missing out on the good stuff AND also enduring the bad British accents every American fan loves to do at any opportunity.

9 Likes

Exactly the same experience for me :sob: what is it about the English accent that compels Americans to emulate it every single time they hear it :sob:

6 Likes

Which English accent?

2 Likes

Americans can only hear one English accent which is RP, which is very distressing to me with a Yorkshireish Northern accent when they tell me my accent is ‘lovely and posh’ :sob:

6 Likes

Being from the North myself, if anyone told me I had a lovely and post accent, I’d probably go proper Yorkshire.

6 Likes

Oh dear :sob: I promise there are a number of Americans who can hear slightly better, but I’m sorry you’ve had such a poor showing :grimacing:

6 Likes

I’m about to go see Doctor Who at the cinema in an hour!!

I am beyond excited.

I worked out that the last time I saw DW in the cinema was 2014 when I saw Deep Breath, that’s 10 years ago! Seeing it on the big screen is just so much fun.

Sorry to everyone who can’t see it!

17 Likes

Hooray! Hope you have fun!

7 Likes

Enjoy. I have seen a few Classic Who screenings at the BFI (British Film Institute) always great fun.

6 Likes

So many people in Fez’s here!

I don’t have any cosplay (I know! I should!) but I put on my “Sixth Doctor ish” shirt and my pride TARDIS pin, that’ll do!

12 Likes

I wish I’d printed out TARDIS Guide pamphlets now to hand out :man_facepalming:t2:

15 Likes

no cosplay? So you’re not the one one on the right :laughing:

9 Likes

Just have the app open on your phone.

9 Likes

It’s 11 o’clock so you won’t see this as the title sequence is probably rolling about now - but enjoy. We’ve got a crazy weekend but hoping to squeeze in time for Who around dinner time. It’s going to be hard to avoid spoilers!

9 Likes

No spoilers here don’t worry

But there was a special message in the interval! :eyes:

12 Likes