Doctor Who Season One Finale in Cinemas

This is pretty exciting!

The Season One two-part finale will be screened in cinemas on Friday 21st June.

I love watching Who in the cinema, really wanna do this!

(Thanks @MattV525 for posting on the Discord)

7 Likes

I can’t believe the finale is already going to be so soon! It feels like the series just started :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

I’ve seen The Day of the Doctor and Deep Breath in cinemas, it was such fun.

I am really hoping they are screening this somewhere near me and I can go. For once, I’m not busy that night!!

9 Likes

I know right. 7 weeks is not enough Doctor Who!

11 Likes

I went to see Day of the Doctor in the local cinema. There were only a dozen people there. Not a big Who fanbase here, it seems.

3 Likes

You’re actually in this country?!

5 Likes

I watched Day of the Doctor in a full cinema in Stockholm. But that hype is gone. Don’t think this will be showing here.

4 Likes

I believe it was shown in cinemas here in Finland as well (I watched it from home, though). But that’s not going to happen this time around, so enjoy it for the rest of us as well!

4 Likes

To be honest, thinking about it practically I’m not sure I’ll be at the cinema until 1am, as it takes just under an hour to drive home so that’ll be almost 2 :flushed: way past my bedtime!

The temptation is to just stay at home and watch it there :sweat_smile: the snacks will be cheaper too!

8 Likes

Oh well, it’s not in any cinemas near me so that decides it!

3 Likes

I’ve just checked my closest cinema and they are showing it. But two episodes at 11pm is not something we can take the kids to so someone would need to babysit which means only I could go (because we couldn’t ask the grandparents to come over at that time!) - so nope. Watching it at home.

Are the last two episodes going out on the same day like the first two, or will Legend have already been on TV the previous week?

3 Likes

Is that because you are traveling in the Bahamas or Argentina or something like that?

9 Likes

I’m convinced @shauny is the Doctor and he is travelling around time and space in his TARDIS, which is why he is always all over the place. I think he has scheduled a trip to Argittanius IX to see the rare Singing Winds of the Eversnow on the night they are showing the finale in cinemas!

Well played Doctor, but we caught you!

10 Likes

It’s in cinemas near me lets go!!!

1 Like

9 Likes

It looks like episode 7 will have already aired the previous week, since the date lines up with where episode 8 would be with no breaks and it starts at 11 rather than midnight

4 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny.

6 Likes

I really wanted to see Day of the Doctor in cinema, but I was in a cult at the time and missed the opportunity to :frowning_face:

I think I’m gonna watch this though, just trying to convince a friend or two to come along. My birthday is that Sunday so it could be part of my birthday celebrations!

9 Likes

I’ve been to one similar cinema event, midnight screening of The Last Jedi :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Is this only happening in the UK?

4 Likes