aw man I lowkey wish we had exploded…
Thinking about this some more, it is interesting to have choices that, rather than you making them in the moment, are made based on your past decisions, which isn’t something I’ve seen in a CYOA before (not that I’ve read many, granted). Once we’re done with this I might look at some of the other paths to see if there are any substantial story differences. Also to see if there’s more than one ending, since I’ve only seen one so far flipping around this thing. (Is it really a multipath story if there isn’t an ending where you die horribly /j)
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 84
You run back through the sprinkler-soaked corridors to the West Quadrant and find the still-smouldering Study Pod. Inside is the Atmospheric Construction Suit—the same one Flux used to extinguish the fire. You climb into the pilot seat and seal the cab.
It quickly becomes obvious that you can’t smash your way out of the building without flooding the entire Project. The emergency airlocks are too small for the suit—only scuba-divers could pass through them. With no other option, you stomp heavily through the corridors toward the Wet Dock, trying not to destroy everything with the suit’s huge feet and tool-laden arms.
When you arrive, everyone is shocked to see you turn up piloting the A.A.C.S. You climb out and rejoin the group.
Go to 78.
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 78
Everyone gathers at the Wet Dock and rushes to grab the available underwater vehicles. There are three Atmospheric Construction Suits, two Sea Bikes, a Mini Sub, and scuba gear—but there’s a real risk that Jolla may have sabotaged any of it.
You ask Scripps about the mysterious silver sachets that supposedly let you breathe underwater. Scripps is surprised you even know about them, and Flux gives you a suspicious look. Scripps explains that the sachets are experimental, completely untested, and potentially dangerous. Now you give Flux a glare in return.
- Do you want to head out in a Construction Suit? Go to 95.
- Or on a Sea Bike? Turn to 70.
One thing I noticed reading this is that some of the plot details just sort of arrive suddenly in the text and I kept feeling like we’d missed something. I think its quite obvious where two paths come together and some of the information was in the other path.
Yeah this is a strange one in that way…
Not sure why but I want to do the Construction Suit.
Though the Sea Bike is tempting and sounds more fun…
Wild that we go get the nearest construction suit, only to turn up and everyone’s just like
and they also already have 3 more.
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 70
You can’t all pass through the airlock at once, so those in Atmospheric Construction Suits go first, followed by faster vehicles. Flux teaches you to pilot a Sea Bike—a jet ski-like craft in a clear shell that works underwater without a diving suit. You pass through the airlock into the sea, surrounded by coral reefs, the abyss, and the Bio Domes. You speed toward the Bio Domes and find the Doctor disarming a detonator using his sonic screwdriver attached to his suit. Martha, in another suit, searches for gas tanks and detonators. She removes one but accidentally flicks it into the water, where it sticks to your Sea Bike. You must get rid of it quickly.
- Do you want to scrape it off on the coral – turn to 91
- or against the edge of the abyss – turn to 82
If Martha blew us up I will be so cross!
We can’t be damaging coral! It’s a living creature!
Abyss please, sounds interesting x
I’m not going to jail for breaking coral just to avoid like, maybe exploding a little.
I am also a living creature and don’t fancy getting hurled into the abyss. But I guess that’s where we are headed!
Is there a break for the weekend? Perfect timing for a cliffhanger tbh.
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 82
You race toward the abyss, aiming to scrape the detonator off your Sea Bike using jagged rocks before it explodes. The dark water below looks ominous, but with skillful driving, you manage to dislodge the detonator just in time—it explodes, sending chunks of rock tumbling into the depths. For a moment, you think you see something moving down there. You head back toward the Bio Domes and come face-to-face with Jolla in a massive Construction Suit. He attacks, cracking your Sea Bike’s shell, but before he can strike again, the Doctor intervenes in his own suit. The two heavy machines clash, giving you a chance to escape. The Doctor counters Jolla’s attack, severing a power cable at the knee joint. Jolla’s suit collapses and topples onto the seabed.
Turn to 55.
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 55
Jolla struggles to get his Construction Suit upright, but it flails like a crab on its back, unable to recover. The cab cracks and begins to flood with seawater before suddenly imploding. You assume Jolla is dead—until you spot him swimming toward the abyss. He must have used some of the silver sachets to survive. You try to alert the others, but he vanishes into the depths. How long will the experimental liquid keep him alive? Could Envirocon be waiting for him down there? One thing is certain: Jolla has had his chips on the Corinthian Project.
Turn to 94.
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 94
You and Martha relax in the Canteen Pod, sharing a plate of chips made from sea vegetables—they taste amazing after everything you’ve been through. You try not to spill seaweed relish on the clothes Scripps lent you for the United World Council summit. The Doctor sips a seaweed shake and jokes that he could get used to them. People come by to congratulate you all for saving the Bio Domes, protecting the project, and possibly securing a better future for the world. Flux and Marion arrive to tell you it’s time to assemble in the Presentation Pod.
Turn to 87.
The Corinthian Project - Chapter 87
You take a seat in the back row of the Presentation Pod. The Doctor and Martha sit to your left, while Flux and Marion join on your right, both smiling. Martha whispers that everyone is impressed with your piloting skills. The room buzzes with excitement as Scripps begins his presentation about overcrowded cities and unexplored oceans. The Doctor nudges you—it’s time to leave. You quietly slip out and head toward the Storage Pods where your adventure began. Reflecting on the thrilling experience aboard the Corinthian Project, you wish you could go back and do it all again—though you’d probably make a few different choices.
THE END
Dont forgett to rate the story over at the guide
This felt like it dragged on forever! I really lost interest in the end. I wonder if we’re ever going to do one that is genuinely good.
Thanks for playing, I will take a break before we do the next one ![]()
This was… well it wasn’t the WORST one we’ve read but I didn’t love it either
It was just boring and in some ways that is worse than bad ![]()
On the other hand, I liked it for the exploration aspect. But again I am really annoyed by the way it seems like you’re in the middle of the story and then it shoves us out the door (go here, go here, go here, the end).
The way this concluded, especially seems screwy. There’s a hint of the baddie, you don’t know where the baddie is, suddenly you’re eating chips, and you leave. Huh? Wha?
Based on the fact that I don’t recall any of these books feeling like this when I’ve read them in the past, I’ve concluded that it feels really different if you read through an entire “story” in one sitting. I don’t think you get the same feeling that you’ve been floating along the river and suddenly you go over the waterfall.
Anyway, even if Tian gets bored, I still find this a nice excuse to hang out with all of you.
I love doing these with you guys. That is why I continue with them <3
This book is just 90% world building and 10% plot but at least it’s a nice world. And seeing most people here trying to get us into danger was fun at least
