Decide Your Destiny - The Corinthian Project - Read-along 11

I love ocenas and boats and abandoned wrecks so I defo want to explore the wreck! x

2 Likes

Oh my Pting! I’m turning into @deltaandthebannermen! I’ve totally forgotten about this!

Not that it matters much. We’re stuck on an endless tour, and nothing happens. Gotta admire the world-building, though. It’s much better than usual.

I really want to see the wreck now. Maybe that will put us in harm’s way!

7 Likes

I’ve got a lot going on right now, so my brain power and thus my analysis capacity are limited, but the vibes are pretty cool in this one.

3 Likes

Sticking with the bio domes cause that was why were getting into the subs for, right?

3 Likes

The Corinthian Project - Chapter 56

Short summary:
You ask Scripps for a quick detour to view the wreck. He agrees, saying shipwrecks are always tragic yet beautiful. As the Mini Sub glides over the sunken cruise liner, you strain to see more. The Doctor jokes that Scripps must have had a close call when the ship went down, but Scripps explains the wreck was already there—the entire Corinthian Project was built around it.
Martha finds it a bit macabre, but Scripps reveals that his grandfather designed the original ship and the Project is his tribute. The Doctor wants a closer look, but Scripps firmly states the wreck is off-limits to visitors.

The Corinthian Project - Chapter 52

Turn to 52.

Short summary:
Inside the seaweed Bio Dome, you discover a huge field of dark green plants swaying in an artificial tide. A scientist works inside, dressed in a mix between a lab coat and a scuba suit.
Scripps explains that each Dome is a delicate ecosystem—entering without proper decontamination could ruin months of research.
The Doctor then spots a hairline crack in the Dome’s wall, tracing it to a gas canister fixed to the outside. Scripps is horrified and rushes everyone back to the Wet Dock. He sends you to the Canteen Pod while he hurries off to find Jolla, his Chief Engineer.

Turn to 31.

The Corinthian Project - Chapter 31

Short summary:

You regroup in the Canteen Pod with the rest of the crew. Scripps rushes off to find Chief Engineer Jolla, while the Doctor becomes very interested in the mysterious canister attached to the Bio Dome. Scripps asks you to meet him later in the Hub so he can share what he’s learned.

For now, you’re left with Flux and Marion—Scripps’s twin children—who are eager to tell you what life aboard the Corinthian Project is like. Marion looks just like her brother: same ginger hair (hers in a lively ponytail), same freckles, same navy boiler suit.

Choices:

  • To get something to eat, turn to 39.
  • If you just want to grab a drink, turn to 63.
0 voters

We are back to drinking :laughing::beer_mug:

5 Likes

5123d8d5ddaac86cafbd832f0390b554

5 Likes

Yeah, I chuckled a bit when I read this last night because it brought back fond memories of drinking water.

Since we’re obviously not going to get into danger, we might as well spend a few days drinking some more water.

6 Likes

Did you read it before the vote was done!?!?! Why do you hate democracy?

2 Likes

I read it very late last night, when the winning option had a lead that the other side couldn’t overturn, so I deemed it safe to declare the winner beforehand. Call that what you will. :wink:

2 Likes

RETURN OF THE DRINKING!! Yeah I’m not loving this one haha

4 Likes

Gets a bit abrupt in places, this story. “The Corinthian is off-limits” has no response and suddenly you’re in the bio-dome felt a bit hurried, but the real wacky one is “you meet two kids…do you drink or eat?” Heck, we never even say “hello”!

4 Likes

I’m consistently choosing the option most likely to drown us…so drinking i guess?

9 Likes

Back to cannibalism again, are we?

5 Likes

I’d rather have food

3 Likes

I will start to take breaks during the weekend

8 Likes

Not bad choices so far but I do feel like we’re still being channeled down one narrative route.

3 Likes

The Corinthian Project - Chapter 63

Summary:
Flux brings out a tray of unusual sodas for you to try. Martha just wants water, but Flux jokes that under the sea, drinking water isn’t exactly easy to come by. When you ask about purifying seawater, he admits it’s possible—but says it’s simpler to recycle waste into flavoured drinks.

Martha tries what she thinks is pineapple juice, only for Flux to reveal it’s all seaweed-based. She’s not thrilled. You try a mango-flavoured juice, but it fizzes unexpectedly. Flux finds that odd, so you quietly pocket the bottle for later. After surviving seaweed juice, Flux says you’re ready for a real challenge.

Turn to 66 to find out what it is.

The Corinthian Project - Chapter 66

You leave the Canteen Pod with the Doctor and Martha and follow Flux and Marion to a small window overlooking the wreck of an old Corinthian cruise liner. The twins challenge you to swim out to the wreck, and the Doctor is immediately enthusiastic. Although you remind them that Scripps said the area was off-limits, Martha points out that this only makes the idea more exciting.

Flux suggests using Atmospheric Suits, but Marion rejects the idea—they’re too easy to spot. Flux then presents two alternatives: scuba-diving suits, or some mysterious silver sachets he holds up.

  • Go to 64 to try scuba-diving
  • Turn to 45 to find out what’s in those sachets.
0 voters
1 Like

Does the TARDIS protect people from sudden pressure changes?

3 Likes

Even a flavoured drink would be 99% water. This is so strange.

5 Likes