Decide Your Destiny - Alien Arena - Read-Along 4

HAHAHA - that ratio :rofl:

5 Likes

We’re going to get eaten :frowning:

4 Likes

Alien Arena - Page 76

Last choice: To sprint to the other side of the Arena while your enemy can’t see

In the Arena, monstrous creatures await battle. As you flee, you fear Mr. Big will release another to finish you off. Martha fights bravely, but survival seems impossible for both of you.

  • To use the cubes to evade your opponent, dodging for cover behind and between them, go to 89.
  • To clamber on top of one of the cubes, so as to be able to jump the Arena wall, go to 57.
0 voters
2 Likes

Don’t know if it matters which one we choose.

This feels a bit longer than the others, by the way. And even how this arena part goes on for several choices. I like that.

8 Likes

And we have yet to reach a section where we are railroaded from one page to another without making choices.

7 Likes

Alien Arena - Page 89

Last choice: To use the cubes to evade your opponent, dodging for cover behind and between them

The Doctor arrives just in time to rescue you from an alien opponent, using a cable and a device to pull you both to safety. He activates an energy field to contain the arena and disable weapons, freeing prisoners. With the area secured, the Doctor plans to return the abducted individuals to their original times and offers you a ride in the TARDIS, though not without some uncertainty about where you’ll land.

The End

Don’t forget to rate the story over here:

6 Likes

This was definitely the best one yet. The ending was good, though it felt a bit abrupt, almost out of nowhere. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s probably how it feels to be a one-time companion, caught up in the Doctor’s adventure and saved at the last moment.

7 Likes

Oh, it’s over already.

For a minute there, I thought we would actually die [1] before the Doctor’s amazing and timely rescue.

That was fun! Mostly poignant choices that matter, a good choice of protagonist in the reader rather than the Doctor and an interesting setting with some good dramatic tension. I liked this one. 7/10.


  1. by being squished like small flies ↩︎

7 Likes

I agree with 7/10 / that it’s the best one yet. (Previous entries being 2/10, 5/10 and 5/10 imo).

It would have made a good introduction to the series - I wish I could continue the story. :grinning:

Here’s my review! Review of Alien Arena by 15thDoctor · TARDIS Guide

5 Likes

Great review. I agree that the lack of a scene in the TARDIS was the main problem in the book.

4 Likes

Do people still enjoy doing these? I feel like the engagement went down a bit with this one. Just want to know if I should start planning for another one.

  • Yes! They are still fun. Cant wait for the next one.
  • No! I think that we need a bit of a break before the next one.
0 voters

I enjoy them but also don’t mind if you want to take a little bit longer break before the next one

7 Likes

They are fun but I can also understand the need of a break. There’s no hurry to get through them.

5 Likes

I have no problem doing them. I just want to see if people find them fun or not. It can be a bit hard to know sometimes. :joy:

8 Likes

What, because I claim that this is a bad idea? :wink:

6 Likes

I think they’re fun, but it’s maybe a good idea to take a bit of a longer break in between anyways? I think that keeps it from getting repetitive

6 Likes

Okay! We will do one but have a longer pause. The next one will start on March 26. This also fits well with my life. Now the big question. What’s next?

  • Decide Your Destiny - The Time Crocodile - The next one in this set
  • Make Your Own Adventure - Search for the Doctor - Oldsixies first one
0 voters
3 Likes

Let’s make @deltaandthebannermen happy and finally do the Sixie one!

5 Likes

I think the Tenth Doctor one will be easier for people to get.

1 Like

Not for Delta. He has to explain to his wife why he has ordered yet another Doctor Who thing! As a fellow married man to a non-Whovian, I can sympathise with him. But he already owns the Sixie one!

6 Likes