DALEKS! The animated series

To be fair, I still enjoyed these, they’re completely inoffensive, I loved the characters of the emperor and the stratgeist (or what character they have), the voice acting is good, sassy robots are fun, etc, but yeah

3 Likes

Should say character animation look decent/good, till they start moving around. If you told me this came out early 2000’s I would believe it, then you say 2020 and :smiling_face_with_tear:
Typical dalek story, let’s combine forces and see where that leads us.

1 Like

Watched the first one. Obviously an extremely low budget. Animation was about the level of fan animation. two voice actors, and yes, everyone is a robot or a Dalek likely to avoid having to use real people.

They did get Nicholas Briggs for the Daleks, at least. Plot was alright, if minimal, but then, the runtime was low.

May as well watch a few more, I guess…

3 Likes

Only an hour runtime altogether so not much of your time.

2 Likes

Yep.

Second episode was better then the first, but I really feel like they probably should have just made it an audio.

Also, when you have talk of programming Daleks, I wonder if they remember that the Daleks aren’t robots…

3 Likes

Well, third one is better then the first two, and I did like the mechanoids. Some good banter.

2 Likes

Fourth one had some silly bits, and the Emporer continues to be horrible. Rather liked the two scientists. Still like the Mechanoids.

2 Likes

And that was the end. Really, it suffered from the battle scenes, which were drawn out and didn’t really look good. Did have some good characters, though.

3 Likes

I really liked the third episode.
If we bring back the Mechanoids onscreen can we please keep Anjli Mohindra as the voice actor for the Mechanoid leader?

5 Likes

Quite frankly I think they should give Anjli Mohindra any role she ever wants

7 Likes

I did it! I squandered an hour of this lovely Friday watching this entire thing, which was quite poor.

The first two episodes are pretty dull, but 3 and 4 pick up the plot somewhat with the Mechanoids, and 5 has a nice conclusion.

Nick Briggs is great as ever; Mohindra is surprisingly solid; and the animation is crude and clumsy (though I appreciate that they use various locations and try to give the action scenes an epic atmosphere, even if the textures are simple and the camera movements are a bit strange).

The Dalek Strategist is an interesting character, but I have no idea why they ruined the Emperor completely.

Anyway, I’m one of the 10 who have the badhe now!

Rating: 4/10

3 Likes

You say fan animation, and I can’t help but think of this actual fan animation:

1 Like

Or even this, from 2009:

I’ve been asked to rename this badge, as it doesn’t fit the others (which are quotes from the show).

• Daleks always win!
  • Daleks conquer and destroy!
  • Something else (reply below)
0 voters

DALEKS ARE THE SUPREME RACE!
Seems more apt imo

To be fair just “Conquer and Destroy!” works nicely

4 Likes

Agree with @Jaypea @shauny

Thanks, I’ve changed it:

Conquer and Destroy!

https://forum.tardis.guide/badges/191/conquer-and-destroy

2 Likes

I watched this awhile ago and totally forgot about it! the animation isn’t great but for a free youtube animation it’s decent! The story is ok but the dalek characters were what made me want to finish it :slight_smile:

4 Likes