DALEKS! The animated series

I’ve just added DALEKS! The Animated Series to the site!

It’s all available to watch for free on YouTube, so if you are looking for something to watch in bitsize 15 minute chunks, take a look!

What did you think about this series?

8 Likes

I watched the first episode back during the TLV event, and found it so horrible that I didn’t bother watching the rest :laughing: perhaps I should give it another chance one of these days!

2 Likes

I watched them when they came out and wasn’t overly impressed. I’ll probably watch them again interspersed with K9 now (to make that a bit more palatable) :grin:
What it did make me think about is how well new original animated Whoniverse content could work (I hadn’t seen Scream of the Shalka at the time), a feeling I did not have after The Infinite Quest and Dreamland.
Just imagine an animated Who spinoff with “Bad Batch”-level scripts

2 Likes

Recently my husband and I have been binging The Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Bad Batch (nearly seen it all now), and the animation quality is so good, I wish we could have something like this for Doctor Who but I fear the budget won’t stretch that far. Maybe with Disney money and animators…

DALEKS is quite good but it’s really helped by the very simplistic design of the Daleks and Mechanics.

4 Likes

No spoilers for Bad Batch! I’m a couple episodes behind :wink:
Budgetary restraints would be a real issue if it was to have the same level or style of animation, I would definitely settle for less quality in animation style if the scripts were as good as those Star Wars shows :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yay something new after K9!

1 Like

I liked it well enough but it’s nothing special. It was a fun way to share a bit of extra Doctor Who with my eldest.

Watched the first episode yesterday, it was fine - could lead on to a good story.

I somehow found it ridiculously hilarious that one of the Archive AIs goes “The damage is incalculable!” and the Chief AIs’ deadpan response is “Calculate it!”. Basically made a Jimmy Carr laugh :joy: (okay I was a bit sleep deprived yesterday, probably wasn’t that funny)

1 Like

I watched the first episode. I think this is harder to watch than K9. It looks like an upscaled Playstation game. The story is okay but I can’t look away from the animation. 2/5

1 Like

I will make a badge for this and then maybe more people will watch it :laughing:

6 Likes

I will probably watch it anyway but I would love one more badge.

kzvzfx5c6fpoofkkhqgl

3 Likes

There is now a coveted DALEKS! badge…

https://forum.tardis.guide/badges/191/daleks

5 Likes

Why are you doing this to us! Your force us to sit through terrible Doctor Who stories just to gain those coveted badges! Although, this one shouldn’t be too bad, as there are only a few episodes.

6 Likes

Well, that was crap. But it was something to watch at my lunch break.

6 Likes

Damn now I’ll have to skim through them to figure out individual ratings (seen but didn’t rate them before)

1 Like

ok I am enjoying the Emperor being a conniving shit lol

1 Like

I literally just watched this last week, perfect timing lmao

2 Likes

I watched these, nothing special, but still semi-enjoyable. Especially once you got into it.

1 Like

Such a shame they never made a cartoon series for Doctor Who. Probably best they never did because look at these :smiling_face_with_tear:
Graphics looks good till action happens.

3 Likes

idk about the graphics looking good, even before the action scenes it looks like a Wii cutscene

Plus you can tell they only had robots in this because there’s no way they could make anything organic look good in the style

I think a single lip movement would’ve broken the budget

5 Likes