Comic club what is next?

These are a blessing. I have them bookmarked and use them to keep track. Thanks for making them!

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Apart from Audio Club Extra (and if we start doing the DWM comics), everything is filled in through the end of the year.

5 Likes

I would definitely like if we did DWM comics!

7 Likes

Same (then I can finally annoy people how great Scott Gray is for thousands of times, while also getting a badge! :D :star_struck: )

6 Likes

I’d love to join in on this when I get some free time.

5 Likes

Who?!?

You’re making these “companions” up, surely :wink:

5 Likes

That’s a Writer, not a Companion!! :sob: /lh

7 Likes

I thought he was a Doctor

5 Likes

Sounds good, plus when we finish titan gives us another long running series for the club

5 Likes

Feels like we have enough interest to do this. We will start with Doctor Who and the Iron Legion next Wednesday!

10 Likes

Wooo, starting off with something thoroughly mediocre! /hj

7 Likes

I’ll update my schedule document when I get the chance. These are alternating with the Titan ones correct? And just doing the main feature comics, not the backups, correct?

4 Likes

Yeah the Titan Comics will be the same as planned.

Exactly

5 Likes

And we are now live with the first DWM Comic Club!

Comic Club: DWM 1: Doctor Who and the Iron Legion

Another question. I was trying to organise this: Comic Club Backlog. Is the Fourth Doctor’s era a good subheading for it? Later in the comics, we have multi-Doctor stuff and Doctors in other Doctors’ eras, but I think it is good to have them in order. Or is it better to purely sort them by doctor? What do you guys think?

4 Likes

I think that as we go having a heading for each Doctor will be fine. Maybe include in parentheses the issues the story is in [Example: (DWM 1-8)] after each story to make it easier for we have stories that don’t feature the incumbent Doctor (say when Monstrous Beauty with Nine pops up in the middle of Thirteen’s run).

5 Likes

I like to prepare these clubs in batches of around half a year to ensure I don’t forget when we get closer. The plan for now is to continue with Titan until we have done all Titan, except for the event ones (TLV and DD). This means that after we are done with the 15th Doctor stuff, we are going to do the three Torchwood books.

After that, I thought it could be fun to do the IDW stuff on the Titan weeks, especially since they are also in the Humble Bundle pack that a lot of us got. These books are bigger than the collections we have done for Titan, and I am thinking they might be too long for one week, but maybe I am wrong. There are also the IDW collections that are more similar in size, but it is not the format that most of us have. I think that there are:

  1. Do the Archive collections because that is how we’ve done it in the Titan Club and it works even if they are long.
  2. Do the IDW collections. Perfect size per club?
  3. Do it as we do in the DWM club and have one story per club regardless of size.
  • Archives Collections
  • IDW Collections
  • One Story per Club
0 voters
This is how the 10th Doctor is organized
Archives: Volume 1
Issues Title Stories
DW08 1-6 Agent Provocateur Agent Provocateur
TF 1-6 The Forgotten The Forgotten
Archives: Volume 2
Issues Title Stories
One-shots Through Time and Space The Whispering Gallery
The Time Machination
Autopia
Cold-Blooded War
Room with a Déjà View
Black Death White Life
DW09 1-6 Fugitive Silver Scream
Fugitive
Archives: Volume 3
Issues Title Stories
DW09 7-12 Tesseract Tesseract
Don’t Step on the Grass
DW09 13-16
Annual 2010
Final Sacrifice Old Friend
Final Sacrifice
Ground Control
The Big, Blue Box
To Sleep, Perchance to Scream

What does the comic club regulars feel? @MrColdStream @Shayleen @eightreece @Dullish @eevee

2 Likes

I’m not a regular…

I haven’t been reading the comics for quite a while. I’m on some sort of hiatus, I guess. But I guess that one story per club is the simplest way to go.

2 Likes

Hmmm im unsure. From what I’ve read Idw tend to be a lot longer than titan (I haven’t read too much titan though)

Gonna agree with the majority here and go one story each club

3 Likes