I have been thinking about the comic club and how to get more people to find it interesting. I like that we are doing the Titan stuff, and I think that every other week is good for them. I am more interested to know if there is an interest in another series where we do the DWM comics, one story at a time, on the weeks where we don’t have any Titan club. What do you think?
Age of Chaos. Also tangentially ties into the “old school” Older Peri arc, which is relevant now since Bad Terms has released and this arc is back on the radar.
Is that a vote for yes? ![]()
That would be fun. I have been keeping up with the comments in all the clubs even if I haven’t been actually joining in much. There is a lot of good stuff in the DWM comics.
Oh, I thought this was asking for recommendations xD. It is a yes.
I would assume that we’d just start with the Iron legion and go through in release order.
I am thinking that we start with the first one and then go from there.
Makes sense!
(Lol, Age of Chaos is on the fourth page for DWM comics
. Luckily the first Six comic is on the tail end of the first page, though)
I wouldn’t mind starting the DWM comics. Just let me know when a decision is reached and when we’re going to start so I can update the schedule.
Also, is this just the main DWM stories, or are we doing the backup comics that they had in the early days?
Well, I’m always up for more clubs, but I’m also dreading more clubs because we have so many already, and I just can’t not participate in them all.
I know. I have taken a paus on some stuff because of that. This is why I made this topic to gather interest. My other plan is to do the IDW stuff after the Titan stuff and then do the DWM stuff. But with the introduction of short stories in the Book club I thought that this could be a fun similar thing.
I think that if that if they were limited time things that closed after “x days”, it would be a nightmare. But as it stands where they’re open forever, it makes it really easy to hop in over time.
For example: I decide to re-read the Titan Tenth Doctor series. We have Clubs for these, I’ll comment as I read. Or, I want to watch an Eccleston TV episode, I’ll comment on the Club thread when I’m done.
I’d love to do the DWM comics – I’ve dipped in and out, but I’ve not dedicated myself to a project so it would be great to do it as a group.
The DWM comics I’ve read I’ve really enjoyed, especially the Sixth and Eighth Doctor stuff! The IDW stuff I’ve read (admittedly not much) has been really bad ![]()
Oh, that’s absolutely true. But they do gather the most activity and interest when they’re fresh. If you comment on a thread two months after the thread was posted, it usually doesn’t garner a lot of new discussion, which is a pity.
I do be up for it, especially if it’s DWM ones (No I am not just saying it because I read most of them already, oh no
!)
I’m up for the DWM strips (all of which I’ve read at some point) but, like @MrColdStream - there are so many clubs I lose track. I don’t even know which ones is technically next for me in the Titan stuff as I’m so far behind.
That is why I made the backlog, because I thought it was hard to find the clubs that I should do next.
I know but [whisper] the backlog post is in Doctor order, not the order you did the clubs…
(Unless I’m being an idiot).
@deltaandthebannermen, You do know that you can look back over the various schedule threads I’ve made to determine what order they were posted in. Or, as we’ve finished the whole runs for Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve, you can just pick a Doctor and read their whole run, commenting as you go.
This is true.
And not do them in the order @Tian posted them?!? I don’t understand this madness!