Chibnall Era BF Audios Incoming (2025)

First I’ve heard of this one, but that sounds amazing :grin:

6 Likes

I’m so glad Jodie and Mandip are getting a Big Finish run. I tend to wait a little closer to the time before pre-ordering anything and with the huge wait between actual announcement and release date announcement for Fugitive and Call Me Master I still haven’t actually pre ordered those but absolutely will.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a Vinder spin off at some point either, or Vinder popping up in other ranges.

But a Chibnall era Big Finish release I really wouldn’t mind is a take on a prison drama expanding on the Doctor’s stay between Timeless Children and Revolution of the Daleks. Obviously before Jack gets to her because she has no idea he’s there, he immediately breaks her out and, y’know, I don’t want Barrowman near it. With Jodie already on board, it need only be a one-off 3x60 set so doesn’t have to be a whole other massive commitment for her.

Heck, be really cheeky and call it Time!

15 Likes

Yeah it’s really good. I’m hot and cold with the CDNM range but there are some great stories, this being one of the best.

9 Likes

Lots of great suggestions here.

I certainly wouldn’t mind a Flux set, or a series of sets if I’m honest. I honestly thought the whole thing was superb, but desperately in need of expansion. As others have said, Vinder would be good to bring back as an alley, I would love to hear from the Great Serpent again, and find out more about him. The cherry on the cake, however, would be the mighty Swarm and Azure. Their talk of knowing The Doctor wasn’t greatly explored and I’d really welcome more from that side of things.

I suppose this really boils down to: I loved Flux - I’d love more of it.

9 Likes

I think if they’re not already in one of the two announced and Big Finish do make more Fugitive Doctor sets then Swarm and Azure would be an excellent choice to crop up there.

I agree that Flux is fertile ground for exploration and wouldn’t mind some stories set during it if the initial run of Thirteenth Doctor audios leads to more.

I myself really like the Thirteenth Doctor a lot and am positively inclined to the Chibnall era so am delighted we’re getting more gear from it, but even just a whole new era for Big Finish to play with is an exciting thing. Their canvas just got bigger!

11 Likes

My biggest wish is for Karvanista to come to audio.
With the Fugitive Doctor it would be good.
With Dan Lewis it would be flippin’ amazing :grin:

Also give me the Ace and Graham adventures!

I’d like more with Vinder, but Bel has to be a part of that!

I love the Thirteenth Doctor, but I’m not that fond of Yaz…

10 Likes

Now you mention it, the Companion Support Group is a Big Finish spin-off waiting to happen surely!

15 Likes

I’ve always had a slightly weird head-canon idea that 13 had an entirely separate TARDIS team that she simply never told the original fam about.

I think there’s a lot to be mined from all the moments Yaz mentions 13 sort of just disappearing. I’d really love to see an exploration of those darker and less shiny aspects of 13’s character that we only ever really got glimpses of. I think there’s a pragmatism and pressure in 13 that hasn’t quite existed since 5/6/7 (which now watching 80s Who, there is definitely an arc there of the universe slowly breaking this Time Lord, and I think in 13’s case there is also the story to be told about a Time Lord who is at the culmination of all these world-shattering revelations, trying to exist in a world that is simply too unkind for her to deal with in the ways that she wishes she could.)

14 Likes

Now that’s what they should do for their next live show :grin:

9 Likes

Oh that reminds me, pinging @flora_snow00 for her Sheffield and Scouse pitch

6 Likes

Can we get a story where Dan finally gets a house set after/during Power of the Doctor please I feel so bad for that fella

13 Likes

I hope they embrace aspects of the classic series that, IMO, they abandoned in this era. I can’t be specific in what I mean, but it goes like this:

Every showrunner changes, or forges their own style of Doctor Who. In the Chibnall era, though, it was a hard turn rather than a gentle change, then another change. It’s why I have bounced off it in the Chib and RTD2 eras.

(This is not a judgement. If you enjoy these eras I am happy that you do. It just doesn’t do it for me.)

I think this is why I have embraced BF again. It gives me the DW I want, rather than what I was given.

Sorry. Don’t like to be negative. I have pre-ordered all the Chib era audios though. Hopefully they help me embrace these TV runs.

9 Likes

I love the idea of a CDNM set entirely with monsters from 13’s era, because that’s somewhere I felt the era succeeded in a way the revived series hadn’t completely up to then. It has SO many alien species that you can revisit and have fun with! There are notable examples from series 1-10, but I feel with much less density than series 11-13, just my own feelings.

13 Likes

I just hope it’s got at least one very gay episode, even if it’s just tension or unreciprocated Yaz feelings.

13 Likes

Have you listened to Big Finish?!?!? Of course there’s going to be a super gay episode

12 Likes

Oooh first look at Fugitive Doctor: Most Wanted!

18 Likes

Recorded on: 4, 9 and 11 January 2023

2 year wait for release. I’m not surprised given how long ago these were announced.

Plus bonus Borg Queen.

EDIT: April '22 is when Fugitive Doctor and Call Me Master were announced.

10 Likes

Interesting they’re going with a post-division split Doctor here, I’d always assumed Fugitive of the Judoon was right after the split for her so assuming this is after that too

9 Likes

I heard 13 was getting audios through the grapevine, but I don’t have a source. Time to break out the prayer circle.

4 Likes

There will be Thirteenth Doctor Adventures next year! You can already preorder them on the big finish site

8 Likes