Average Score

For sure this is true of so many stories - I think for me this is why my rating takes enjoyment into account a lot, because some stories are bad but bring me such joy that I can only rate them 5 stars.

7 Likes

As far as rating stories are concerned, if I don’t like the story, the story isn’t good. End of story :stuck_out_tongue: . If I find it enjoyable, then it’s good.

People say The Spectre of Lanyon Moor is written excellently, but it did nothing for me, so, by my standard, it’s not a good story. Conversely, Timelash is notorious for being written “poorly”, but I enjoy it, so I consider it good. I can’t imagine separating a DW story into whether its written “well” (whatever that means) and whether or not I was entertained. They’re one and the same for me.

7 Likes

Average: 3.65
Stories Rated: 688
I tend to use 3.5 as an average when rating stories.

2 Likes

Now I’ve gotten really curious to know which stories people rate 0,5 :star: :grin:

2 Likes

This is my two 1/2 star

5 Likes

That’s exactly why I suggested the idea of allowing us to view the breakdowns of other users’ ratings. I’m always fascinated by what people rank below two stars.

7 Likes

Average rating 1.2 :laughing:. Now I’m curious.

3 Likes

Most of my lowest rated episodes are from K9 with Mind Snap being my only .5 rating

2 Likes

For some reason sending a screenshot of my 0.5 star rating for flagged, but yeah this is my one 0.5 rating

1 Like

My 0.5 and 1.0 rated stories: Orphan 55, Revenge of the Swarm, A Stain of Red in the Sand, The Ultimate Adventure, Dreamtime, Nekromanteia, Last of the Titans, The Celestial Toymaker and The Web Planet.

1 Like

It is the lowest rating on TG. It is basically a clip show episode of a show that you don’t want to see clips of again :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve got 27 0.5 and 1 star stories :sweat_smile: I didn’t think I’d rated that many so low haha

4 Likes

For me I have 5 0,5 :star: ratings.

Two K9 episodes: Fear Itself and Aeolian
The VNA: The Dimensions Riders
And both episodes of “The End of Time”

6 Likes

End of time?!?!

3 Likes

thats my two lowest…for now.

2 Likes

Even Bernard Cribbins can begin to save that story - I genuinely can’t think of a single good thing to say about it :neutral_face:

1 Like

You just said one good thing about it.

We also have “my name is Lord, Time Lord

5 Likes

For me the best bit is the spit when he is shouting at the end of part 1.

1 Like

Yeah what a waste of a brilliant actor :wink: Worst Rassilon ever :neutral_face:

2 Likes