Audio Club: The Chimes of Midnight

Gotta say this. Great great story… and a lovely review that nails pretty much everything about why this story is so great.

Much as I love “Jubilee/Dalek”, I actually prefer both “The Chimes of Midnight” AND “The Holy Terror”. In fact, in terms of how much I enjoy “Chimes” and “Terror”, I’d be hard pushed to separate them.

Quintessential Who by one of the finest writers ever to write for the show (on TV or audio).

“Edward Grove is alive!”

Indeed. Just… WOW!

11 Likes

Just here to insert another 10/10 score - loved this since I listened to it last year!

10 Likes

One of the greatest ever, need I say more?

11 Likes

Listened to this last night.

It was my second listen, the first being a few years ago, having heard that this is one of the best Eighth Doctor audios, but knowing nothing about Charley and her first story, her arc, etc.

I first listened at night on a plane, and I kept falling asleep and having to rewind, but then the whole time loop thing got me very confused, I must say it was a very strange experience and I still don’t feel that I listened to it properly.

So this time I made sure I did not fall asleep, and I really enjoyed it! So creepy!

And I’m glad I have the context now about Charley. Looking forward to carrying on with her!

9/10, I’m off to read the reviews on the site now because everyone above just said “what more is there to say” :sweat_smile:

11 Likes