A possible change to the character tracker

So I’m not sure if this is something you would be interested in doing/is possible, but I was wondering if we could filter stuff in the character tracker.

So currently I’m tracking three characters:

And it works great for Abby and Constance, but for Hex the character tracker includes all the short trip books he’s in. They’re not something I’ll ever track down or read, but it would be nice to have this little widget on my home page telling me how far through his audios I am.

You can do this by tapping it, and it’ll give you the info of how many audios V books you’ve completed:

But I’d love it if we could change the overall %, filtering by audio+tv appearances, and leaving out books, comics, games, all that other stuff; since this a personal character tracker for our home page, it would be nice to curate it for the formats we are interested in!

I’d use this feature a lot more, if this was possible. I’d like to be able to add Romana 1 to my home page, so I could see the progress I’ve made through her Tv appearances and audios, but there’s 40 years of comics and book appearances making up the bulk of that overall %, so it wouldn’t look satisfying!

Hopefully I’ve written this clearly enough and it’s not too confusing!

6 Likes

pretty sure if you remove entire rangesbfrom counting for statistics, these also don’t show up here, as does skipping the stories in question

4 Likes

They definitely shouldn’t look like that also, really out of proportion, what browser are you using please?

For reference this is my homepage on my phone:

5 Likes

But to your point, yes that is a good idea.

I plan on making it so you can reorder them at some point, so I could also look to make it change what the total shows.

I’ll think about it! Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks Shauny!! :hugs:

How do we remove ranges from counting for statistics? (Sorry, I’m not very good with tech stuff)

iOS, chrome, using that ‘create app to add to homepage’ thing you showed us!

I quite like that you can see multiple characters without pressing the arrow, rather than one character taking up the full thing :sob:

5 Likes

(I’m not 100% sure this will work, can’t remember if I hooked it up to Character Trackers too!!)

But they are all squashed :exploding_head:

3 Likes

go to my tardis → account settings → customisation, then scroll to the bottom and put in whatever you want to filter in the relevant boxes

5 Likes

This works! Thanks Jae! Legend! :hugs:

4 Likes