The Chimes of Midnight, A Death in The Family tend to come out as the most highly rated audios, whereas Nekromanteia seems to be considered the worst - main/monthly range anyway.
Just interested are there any audios where you opinion is quite polar to the general concenus? Do you feel people are missing something or ignoring something?
I’ve only listened to the first set, but I do sorta agree. I’ll get around to some others eventually and maybe change my opinion some but for me I think the big problem is just that the best part of the Master as a character is their relationship with the Doctor so I’m not super interested in them on their own, especially for an incarnation that I don’t have any real attachment to from the show. Jacobi is, of course, absolutely wonderful in the role, it’s just not a series that really grips me.
My other controversial opinion is that I don’t think Ravagers remotely deserves the hate that it gets. It’s not a top-tier story but I think it’s solid and I enjoy starting the range with a fully connected set like that.
Couldn’t agree more. Stranded’s generally confusing. I never got it the first time around, and only 70% on relisten.
Adventure is my Name is my favourite Benny theme! Can’t get enough of it. I have it cut out from one audio and put it in my phone (along with the first theme of Gallifrey).
I think we get disappointed from an ‘overrated story’ because of the hype. That’s what’s happening in our Audio Club Extra now. When you anticipate a 4.5/5 or 5/5 story, anything below that is a disappointment.
I’ve mentioned on here before, but I’m really not a fan of the Lucie Miller range. There’s a handful of good episodes, but not nearly enough to save it. Season 4 is mostly good, until the finale
Oh yeah, i think the entirety of Season 1 from Blood of the Daleks until Human Resources are all a 6/10, with only Phobos being a little bit better. Season 2 gets a little more experimental with more ups and downs, with the Zygon episode being actually quite good but it’s generally still all a bit in the middle for me.
Is that one controversial? I really like Zagreus, and I thought that was a common viewpoint.
My most controversial opinion is probably that I didn’t care for Broken. I’m not really a fan of Ianto or Jack, and I can’t take Cyberwoman seriously, so it doesn’t do anything for me.
I actually quite like that one… I thought the adventure was fun enough and the idea of someone being scared of going insane and becoming evil in the future being what leads to them doing evil was relatively compelling.
I like it too but it’s generally not considered to be the best - overlong and the Doctors not being the Doctor for most of it (which is one of the bits I love about it. I love all the regulars playing different roles).