You were expecting someone else?

To put it bluntly, I’m only really doing this to be verified, I’ve always been a lurker and will probably continue to be. That’s not to say I wouldn’t participate in a few conversations here and there but ultimately I’m only doing this to get access to the review feature (and I can’t turn down another badge).

I got into Doctor Who with Matt Smith, but only really got into it around 2018. Got a bit bored of it at the end of Flux and then in the lead up to the 60th (around october) I decided to start watching ALL of Doctor Who from the start, including as many audio dramas as I can in timeline order.

I’ve been going strong since and am currently on the 4th Doctor, specifically in the audios before the start of Season 15. It’s fun though I’d only recommend it to people who absolutely 100% know they like Doctor Who.

If I had to pick a favourite Doctor, it would probably be 11, but that’s mostly nostalgia and honestly I like them all equally, I think they are each a different take on the character that in my opinion just can’t be ranked.
I’m extremely hyped for the new season, the 60th didn’t disappoint for me and it’s always exciting to have Doctor Who every week.

I also have to say that reading this forum is really fun, it’s just great to see a bunch of people who genuinely enjoy Doctor Who in one place. And where to start on the website itself, I don’t think I could’ve made it this far in my marathon without this website and I’m really glad it exists. I’ve noticed myself forgetting a lot of blander audios completely especially with the 1st and 2nd Doctors, I feel like the review feature would help me put down some of my thoughts on the story right after listening to it so I can always remind myself.

Anyway, I feel like wrapping it up with a quote so;
“Our destiny is in the stars, so let’s go and search for it.”

17 Likes

Welcome!

Whoops, I’m literally about to push the button to allow everyone, verified or not, to write reviews (I’ve added moderation).

But I’m glad you snuck in before that and announced yourself! :blush:

Glad you’re enjoying the website, it’s always great to hear comments like that.

Stick around!

4 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site.

Its totally cool if you want to lurk more often than not. If you do want to get involved feel free. We are a friendly and accepting bunch.

If you do want to give some opinions we have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club.

If there is anything you want to know about for the site or forum feel free to ask and we all will point you in the right direction.

I Hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

2 Likes

Not sure if you haven’t gotten a chance to change it yet, Shauny, but it still says

Work in progress! Currently only [Patrons] can submit reviews.

I can still upload reviews myself as a verified member, but that bit of text is still there.

1 Like

A fellow reviewer! Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

Ah thanks, was just some text I needed to remove. Done it!

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the site, looking forward to your reviews, and hope you continue to enjoy lurking!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to have another reviewer, I look forward to reading them. And no pressure about joining the discussions and clubs and the like, you can do as much or as little as you feel like.

I love your username! I’d never guess from it or your profile pic that you’re favourite Doctor is 11 (he’s my favourite too, together with 2 and 7).