WhoStation - Introducing Myself to the TARDIS Guide Community

Hello everyone! I’ve been a member of the site for a few months, rating and lurking, but I’ve been too busy offline to properly introduce myself. Now that time has arrived!

I’m WhoStation, I’ve been a fan of Doctor Who since I was 3 years old, all the way back when Rose aired and haven’t stopped since. I strongly hold the opinion that Doctor Who is the most consistently inconsistent show, it has the ability to deliver your favourite and least favourite stories back to back, and it’s for this reason I will never stop watching, because I know that no matter how bad an episode will be, that doesn’t determine the quality of the next, and a new favourite could be just around the corner.

My favourite Doctor is Matt Smith, my favourite companion is Rory Williams and my favourite villain is the Master (my favourite Master being Sacha Dhawan). Fret not, despite my modern-centric favourites, I’ve seen all of classic Who as well, multiple times, and would go so far as to say I prefer it for the most part. I’ve also seen all of the spinoffs, and most visual supplementary content, though I have to admit I’m not well versed in expanded media, having only listened to a few audios, due to them being far less accessible, be it because of their price or availability, or just generally being harder for me to invest myself in than visual media.

I’ve been part of the online fandom for around 10 years, and in that time, I’ve grown quite a reputation among those who know me for my controversial, unorthodox opinions on various stories and characters (for example, I think The Caves of Androzani is one of the worst stories of all time, and I am an ardent defender of the Thirteenth Doctor’s era), and I’ve had many an argument with people believing me to be deliberately contrarian, so to avoid those sorts of interactions here I want to make it clear that although I do love to joke around, when it comes to my opinions, I am always being 100% serious.

I also love to be creative in whatever way I can, I hate to feel unproductive. Like many of you I’m sure, I have the dream to one day be a part of creating Doctor Who. Although I strongly doubt it will go anywhere, I have extensive plans for writing my own era should I ever get to that position, and more recently I’ve developed the urge to start making YouTube videos with the aim to be a positive voice in the fandom to as a way to distract people from the generally nasty people who discuss the show on that platform, and have various ideas should I ever decide to commit to that.

But that’s just about all I can think of for now, if there’s anything else you’d like to know about me, don’t hesitate to ask, I’m happy to discuss more of my history with the show, or demonstrate my controversial opinions should you wish to ask me about any characters, stories etc.

Bye for now!

19 Likes

Welcome!

That is definitely something we can all get behind! I look forward to seeing your videos someday! Until then, it will be good discussing your opinions here :blush:

9 Likes

A big welcome to you!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @WhoStation - good to have you here. Conversely, I love The Caves of Androzani AND the Thirteenth Doctor’s era. :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t expect many to agree with my undying hatred for Caves, so I can’t hold that against you I suppose :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you for the welcome!

4 Likes

It’s definitely something we need more of, it’s quite disheartening to see something you love be the centre of some awful interactions.

4 Likes

Welcome! You’ll be glad to know this community is very accepting of different opinions and we’re always happy to hear why someone does or doesn’t like a certain story. We even have a controversial opinions thread.

9 Likes

Welcome! It’s lovely to have you here! This forum truly is a wonderful space to be in

8 Likes

Welcome to you! Hope you enjoy talking all things Who with us! Your hot takes are more than welcome - there are others here who aren’t huge fans of generally well-regarded stories, so you wouldn’t be the first one!

9 Likes

Hey, another person who’s the same age as me!

3 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site and forum.

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about in the site or forum, feel free to ask, and we will point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

6 Likes