Whodle (23/05/2024)

New Who only, 5 scenes to guess the episode

In three today

Also wondering if it’s easier to just have a whodle megathread instead of daily posts (I know also means wouldn’t have to keep movig things into the back catalogue)

4 Likes

Two. Guessed the wrong part of the story on the first try - drat! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Got it in three. :fish:

3 Likes

Three for me!

2 Likes

In 2. Always feel a bit disappointed in myself when I don’t get a 13 episode in 1 given how much I am constantly rewatching the era

5 Likes

In three, this time. Rerouting energy was the sort of thing that felt like it could have happened several times, and I didn’t really remember the picture of the guy. Was pretty sure I remembered the location in the third one, though, and I was right!

3 Likes

In three but only because I spotted Stephen Fry in the background.

One thing these Whodle’s is teaching me is that Doctor Who has A LOT of different computer screens/interfaces and I need to start studying them if I’m ever going to get these in one guess.

8 Likes

Three! Also got it thanks to Stephen Fry in #3. And what’s up with Doctor Who and all these screens?

4 Likes

That may be a good idea but the thread could get messy with everyone’s ‘in one, two, three’ responses. Hmm - a tricky one. I’ll see what the other mods think @SweetAIBelle @Tian @ItsR0b0tNinja @shauny .

3 Likes

That’s what gave it away for me too, yeah

1 Like

Not sure. Would definitely be easier, but I could also see getting confused what day everyone is talking about…

3 Likes

That and I remembered the location he was standing in. That was the scene where Graham got confused for the Doctor, or part of it.

1 Like

Probably would be better. There are lots of Whodle threads.

Or maybe a dedicated Whodle category? Then people could mute it if they wanted? I could also do things like remove it from the email digests and auto close the threads after a certain time.

Also I don’t know if you knew but you can link directly to the dated Whodle so the link works after the date, otherwise it always shows the latest one which would be confusing. Just choose the date from the dropdown and then copy that page’s link.

4 Likes

Oh and I got it in three as well, didn’t notice Stephen Fry but I did remember the pictography thing

2 Likes

Got it in 3. The location in the third image gave it away

2 Likes

A dedicated category like the forum games one seems a good idea.

3 Likes

While we’re talking about changing up the Whodle threads, can I suggest that if we do keep doing daily threads we move to the international standard YYYY-MM-DD date format instead of your terrible British way

6 Likes

I agree YYYY-MM-DD is the superior format.

But it’s the American format which is terrible, not the British :joy:

7 Likes

Putting the day before the month means the first piece of information that you’re given is basically meaningless until you get to the second one. It’s like if you were to give someone the time of day in SS:MM:HH. YYYY-MM-DD is best because it’s broad to specific, but MM-DD-YYYY makes sense in contexts where the year is not particularly important

1 Like

But putting the day before the month, before the year means everything is in logical order from smallest measurement of time to biggest.

It’s like giving your address as:

City
Road
State

4 Likes