Which Audios Or Books, & Other Media Takes You Inside The TARDIS?

Like many of you, I wish we had more episodes that explored the TARDIS. “She” is a character after all.

What books, audios, comics, and other media would any of you recommend that has The Doctor and/ companions delving inside the TARDIS?
If you have no suggestions, what rooms would you like to see?
Personally, I would like to see a conservatory or a library.

IMG_1358

9 Likes

Well, the obvious one is Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, where we do in fact see the library.

6 Likes

It’s brief, but Scaredy Cat starts in the TARDIS gardens
(It’s really not worth the listen after they leave the gardens though)
:cat:

6 Likes

The novelisation of The Edge of Destruction explores a lot of the TARDIS.

I think No Place Like Home goes deep into the TARDIS too.

7 Likes

The Secret in Vault 13 has Yaz going into like the mind of the TARDIS

9 Likes

A bit off but the first thing came to my mind is Citation Needed, narrating from the point of view of Encyclopedia Gallifreya.

And I’m on EDA now, and occasional descriptions of TARDIS interior from these novels make me feel like they actually live there. It feels cozy.

7 Likes

Has there ever been a story told from the pov of a TARDIS?

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is a short story that does that but I need to do some googling to find it.

5 Likes

I suppose we have to mention the first Cat’s Cradle book…

I would like to see the pool with a great big whiteboard next to it where Mel had marked up her record of how many lanes she has swum in a single go :grin:

Or a quick show of the Eye of Harmony room from the TV movie.

Or a revisit to the Secondary Console Room!

A walk through a corridor with lipstick marks on the wall!

(Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS was such a let down on this front)

8 Likes

There are several scenes within the TARDIS in Invasion of Time. I remember thinking that it didn’t really look particularly like the insides of a spaceship, but I guess that’s what’s so special about the TARDIS. It isn’t a normal space ship.
The Doctors wife has Amy and Rory being chased through the TARDIS corridors as well.
In Logopolis the garden is shown I think.
I’d love to see the companions rooms again. I forgot which episodes it was, but in the classic series we saw Romanas room and I think Nyssas and Tegan’s as well. Oh and the kitchen would be fun too.

9 Likes

Romana’s is first seen, I believe, in Full Circle. It’s then repurposed as Nyssa and Tegan’s and we see that quite a lot in stories like The Visitation. We also see Adric’s room in Terminus, I think, when Tegan is showing Turlough around the TARDIS.

7 Likes

In the EDAs, there’s the fabled ‘butterfly room’ which is an entire meadow/ecosystem, including a swarm of butterflies. It’s first introduced in Vampire Science and used to great emotional effect in Seeing I.

Generally the books are a great place to go for TARDIS content—mostly because they’re not limited by budget!

8 Likes

The Peri and Frobisher (and Six) comic “Changes” takes place within the depths of the TARDIS.

The book State of Change has a brief scene inside the TARDIS pool. The short story “The Deal” takes place within the library, although the setting is a bit negligible.

5 Likes

Should this become a trope @shauny

4 Likes

Yes. What should it be called? Into the TARDIS?

4 Likes

Relative Dimensions?

6 Likes

Much as I love @BillFiler’s suggestion I think tropes need to be clear so @shauny’s says what it does on the tin is probably better.

But if we were to have a badge for rating stories which explore the TARDIS then Bill’s is perfect.

4 Likes

True, that makes more sense :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

All of this is great
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Lovin all these suggestions!!
:1tardis:

5 Likes