What's your Doctor Who 'ick'?

The Doctor has anti-radiation gloves too, possibly.

1 Like

If you reeeeeeeeally wanna stretch it lol, we’ve seen the Doctor absorb radiation in Smith and Jones (and less succcesfully in Planet of the Spiders and End of Time) so you could argue that he soaks up the remaining radiation as part of his natural Time Lord processes.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this is science

2 Likes

I don’t know where else to put this but somebody brought it up to me today and it’s been bugging me since.

My Doctor Who ick is when people are talking about Heaven Sent and go “bUt WhY dIdN’t He GeT tHe ShOvEl?”.

Listen, sit down and hold my hand as I explain this to you. What’s more exciting? A man punching through a wall of diamond with his bare hands for four and a half billion years or hitting it with a spade for a couple million less. It’s good TV, how f*****g boring would it have been if he jogged back to fetch a shovel.

And besides, the Veil was blocking the corridor! He couldn’t have gone back if he wanted to! It’s such an annoying detail that people keep bringing up as a “gotcha” and I’m sick of it.

Anyway, rant over.

17 Likes

I might not be that big of a fan of HS, but that just sounds stupid. My problem with that episode is not that he doesn’t use tools :joy:

10 Likes

At this point, any bit where we see a bunch of clips of former Doctors with I Am the Doctor playing in the background.

19 Likes

Welcome to the forum @skarodrones - do pop into Introductions and tell us a bit about yourself.

7 Likes

I never even thought about shovel before , people must have rewatched Heaven Sent a lot then :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I kind of feel like the shovel would just break

5 Likes

My ick is when people can’t comprehend when people dislike popular episodes of the show like I used to be a big blink hater till last week true fact and when I said I disliked it people where like “oh your just saying that to sound different and quirky” but no did genuinely dislike it at the time now I love her blink is mother

10 Likes

More a general one - but when people share leaks/future spoilers. Just accidentally saw one on Twitter and it really irritates me when people share them publicly without warning.

Imo one of the best part of this site is the spoiler tool, definitely a great feature I wish every site had!

18 Likes

The official accounts even doing it from what I’ve heard.

10 Likes

People have been sharing short clips from DW for a while and some comments are so annoying; “What does he even do” “Does he have superpowers or something?” “Overrated” You are judging a character you have no idea about?? :sob: Watch it first!

12 Likes

I like Pixie for Six and Peri, but honestly I just say Six/Peri or 6P. Ship names can sometimes feel a bit twee for me.

2 Likes

One misconception about shipping is that everyone wants their ships to be canon. I wouldn’t want Six/Peri to be canon in part because I love how he is canonically aroace[1]. I don’t think every Doctor should be painted with a broad brush (as in, how some people say that every iteration of the Doctor is autistic or every iteration of the Doctor is [Insert label here]) because every regeneration of the character is different, but even when a Doctor does comes across as more open to sex and romance, I vastly prefer when those elements are left to the fans and not shown in canon. The “singling out certain companions to make them more important” element is a big reason why I’m against it, but also I’m one of those “go big or go home” type people when it comes to shipping, and DW isn’t a really a romance. Any real attempts at showing a romance on screen would just feel half-baked to me. I’d rather they just didn’t bother.


  1. (and this is partly why I don’t like how they forced River onto him and altered his characterization to fit her needs) ↩︎

4 Likes