What TV stories would you like to see get a novelization?

Curious which TV stories people would like to see novelizations of and why. Maybe your favorites that you’d like to experience in a new way, or maybe ones that you didn’t like so much but would like to see get a second chance.

For me, I’d really love to see Legend of the Sea Devils get a novelization. Would be a great chance to breathe some new life into the kinda dull main plot, and I would just love to get to experience all the Thasmin stuff again in a new medium.

I’d also be interested in seeing a Rosa novelization if they managed to work in a bit more of the historical context that I think the episode really suffers from not including.

8 Likes

Orphan 55. I’d love to see what they’d do with adding all the backstory and context that should’ve need in the episode to begin with.

4 Likes

The Wedding of River Song.

Also The End of Time but from The Masters POV.

3 Likes

Think we could get Power of the Doctor from the Master’s perspective? I’d be up for some Rasputin!Master.

4 Likes

World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls could make for a great novelisation, flesh out Bill’s PoV a bit, maybe some of the saxon!master’s PoV on the developing cyber city, Missy’s internal conflict in TDF, and expand a bit on Bill and Nardole’s endings

6 Likes

I agree that a novelisation of Legend of the Sea Devils would be good as we know that was seriously compromised on TV.

I’d quite like a version of The Power of Three with Berkoff excised and the actual proper ending reinstated.

6 Likes

The entire Flux season ideally I would say, and then have the same script editor for those six novelisations to just tighten things up a bit - I love Flux but the ending did become a bit rushed, so I would love to see that expanded upon :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

And maybe it could include some of what fell by the wayside because of Covid.

6 Likes

This would be really interesting. Let’s hope they do that.

3 Likes