What is your most controversial opinion?

Hello, I am a fellow enjoyer of In the Forest of the Night! Wouldn’t say it’s my favourite, but I love it a lot. Maybe if it had come out when I was a little younger, maybe if I had liked Twelve a bit more when it did come out, then it would have been my perfect episode.

I was honestly not aware that people liked Voyage of the Damned. I also always skip it, I just don’t find it very interesting. Maybe I just don’t Get It™.

2 Likes

I just watched this episode again today, and this song is just not for me - and that’s ok.
But am I alone in thinking that Gatwa and Gibson’s vocals were way too edited in the dubbing? It was like listening to generic pop vocals from 15 years ago, just way too smooth. All vocal personality just seems lost in the editing process.

3 Likes

You’re not alone. Just another thing that makes the song feel out of place. Still, you can tell those two can sing, even if the production team felt the need to overcompensate for something.

1 Like

That’s what bugged me this time around. Clearly they both can sing, so why apply vocal editing to such a degree?

1 Like

I think this more than anything is what bugged me. If I could be convinced that it was actually a mob of 100 goblins singing and braying, then it would have been way more diegetic and actually not jarring. Instead, we got a Meghan Trainor-alike lead goblin vocal, and INCREDIBLY overproduced vox from the two leads which just pulls you clean out of the show. It’s clear that they’ve never DONE musical episodes and just don’t know how to appropriately mix.

2 Likes

I LOVE Paradise Towers and totally agree!!

4 Likes

My personal favourite story has always been Under The Lake/Before the flood
It’s just such a Doctor Who story: Base under siege, supernatural element turned science, Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey stuff
I just hope that one day we can see the Fisher King’s race again, such a cool creature design

4 Likes

I really really enjoyed that story. I much preferred Series 9 to Series 8.

2 Likes