What is your favorite 34th adventure a Doctor has had

It’s Wednesday somehow again (this week has draaaaaaaged) but here we are looking back on more stories featuring one of favourite[1] time lords. Last week [2] may have been one of the closest votes in this history [3] Next Doctor took first with 28% both hide and eaters of light got 26% and nightmare of eden with 20%

All previous polls are open you still get one vote you all mostly know the drill vote and discuss

34th
  • The Horns of Nimon
  • Planet of the Dead
  • Journey to the Centre of the Tardis
  • World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls
0 voters

  1. I believe ↩︎

  2. at time of posting ↩︎

  3. no I’m not checking right now lol ↩︎

6 Likes

I love Nimon so much it’s so funny and camp and great.
Planet of the dead I like less each time I watch.
Journey is interesting but I feel wasted in both exploring the Tardis and the overall execution of the story.
World Enough and Falls is a goddamn MASTERpiece yes there are some plot holes. But has one of the best 12 speeches. The mondasian Cyberman are the best. The black hole premise. I just cannot vote against it.
But almost any other poll I’d probably go Nimon

7 Likes

World Enough And Time/The Doctor Falls wins this one for me, being one of the few episodes I could seriously consider a condender for the place of favourite episode in the whole show.
Also: first here! well except for @PuddingBrainMummy, but he made this, so he doesn’t count

9 Likes

Easy choice this time, one of the best Doctor Who stories out there vs three average ones

9 Likes

‘The Horns of Nimon’ has Soldeed, ‘Planet of the Dead’ has Malcolm, and ‘Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS’ gives us more of a great TARDIS set, but that’s as far as my earnest praise reaches for those stories. Their prospects are significantly hindered beyond their own shortcomings, here; simply by being pitted against one of the best finales in all of Doctor Who, they’ve lost.

‘World Enough and Time’ and ‘The Doctor Falls’ has my vote, and it’s not even remotely close!

9 Likes

I’m sure it will surprise people that I’ve voted for Capaldi but, against the others here it is the ‘better’ story.

9 Likes

I successfully squashed the temptation to vote for The Horns of Nimon and managed to vote for WEAT/TDF.

4 Likes

Is Planet of the Dead perfect? No! But I think that it is fun and camp. The big thing that drags it down is Malcolm.

9 Likes

I’m on record multiple times on this site as saying that WEaT/TDF is a bit overrated. But my word is it leagues ahead of the other stories in this poll.

7 Likes

Well. One fantastic story, and three… well if I have nothing nice to say…
34 is fourth from the bottom, averaging at about 231 in my rankings. The choice was easy.

Nimon < Journey < Planet < World/Falls

6 Likes

Again, haven’t seen Horns of Nimon. S15 and S17 contain the last gaps of the Tom years that I have yet to fill.

Planet of the Dead is a pretty nothing story but it has some cool things in it.

Journey is a bit overhated IMO, but I do agree that it is rather weak.

S10 finale is the S10 finale. Everyone (well, most people) loves it and for good reason. It gets the vote.

4 Likes

I read the first three and thought oh yeah, it’ll be a pretty tough choice, these are all pretty close…and then read the fourth option. Not much of a choice after all!

5 Likes

I’ve gone for WEaT / TDF. If i had to put them in an order out of what ive seen it would be WEaT / TDF (10/10), Planet of the Dead (5/10), Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS (4/10).

6 Likes

Well, World Enough is there, and that’s enough to win this poll.

9 Likes

Seeing the turnout, I am tempted to move my vote to Journey To The Centre of the TARDIS, simply because I know World Enough And Time/The Doctor Falls is going to win(as it should imo) not matter what I do, but I genuinely think Journey To The Centre of the TARDIS is a really cool episode, and I want to give it a bit more love. I definitely think it is better than Planet Of The Dead, which is currently in second place, and is to me a slightly below average episode.

5 Likes

Almost nothing would beat World Enough & Time/The Doctor Falls for me. I think all three Capaldi finales are sensational, but that’s my favorite, hands down. I love Horns Of Nimon very much, Planet Of The Dead has its moments, Journey is a story I wish I liked better. But that’s Capaldi’s finest hour, it wins handily for me!

6 Likes

Well, WEAT/TDF is the new series’ The Caves of Androzani. It’s not even a competition

7 Likes

There’s a joke one could make about a race on a sports day at school where we have a fairly typical lineup of teenagers against Usain Bolt. One could then apply that figuratively to this poll.

4 Likes

Ugh… this was tough. I feel like World Enough/Doctor Falls is probably better and I do love the whole double Master thing, but I just have such a soft spot for Journey to the Center of the TARDIS.

Horns of Nimon I’ve not seen, Planet of the Dead I like fine, but it’s nothing special. World Enough/Doctor Falls I really, really like but it had to grow on me. Journey to the Center of the TARDIS I just find kinda fun. It’s got weird timey wimey shenanigans and I just love whenever we get to see more of the TARDIS interior than just the console room.

4 Likes