What is your favorite 30th adventure a Doctor has had?

Here we are folks, another Wednesday. Crazy to think we’ve done 29 of these so far. Looking back at last week [1] the library two parter absolutely dominated with 82% power of the Doctor earned 13 a respectable 2nd place finish at the end with 32% and Extremis with 28%

As always all previous polls are open and so are the discussions.

We said goodbye to two doctors [2] both 1 and 13 last week

Moving forward as we are below 5 options you only can vote for 1

Anyway let’s get into these

30th story
  • Destiny of the Daleks
  • Midnight
  • The Bells of Saint John
  • The Pyramid at the End of the World
0 voters

  1. at the time of posting ↩︎

  2. not the two doctors we looked at that back on 5th adventures ↩︎

8 Likes

Oof I mean this really isn’t a contest in my mind lol
Destiny I like the Romana scene in the beginning because it is funny to me but was never a fan of this story overall
Midnight is a classic midnight is a classic
Bells of St. John has good moments but the plot /enemy isn’t really the point moreso getting Clara (prime(?)) and 11 together (again)
Pyramid is good but

None of these have anything on midnight. None of these have anything on midnight

6 Likes

Is destiny of the daleks “good”? probably not. but you asked for favourite and I’ve very much got a soft spot for it

12 Likes

I like Pyramid, I love the monk trilogy as a whole, but being put up against Midnight it’s got no shot.

9 Likes

With the competition, it was never going to be anything else. I enjoy ‘The Pyramid at the End of the World’, but ‘Midnight’ is in another league. Superlative Doctor Who horror with a fantastic mystery that, to this day, remains one of the most compelling unanswered aspects of NuWho. Wait, what do you mean ‘The Well’ exists?

8 Likes

I mean… is there any choice other than Midnight?[1]


  1. tbf I haven’t seen Destiny of the Daleks, for all I know it could be an utter masterpiece ↩︎

4 Likes

Destiny of the Daleks is one of my least favourite Dalek stories.

The Bells of Saint John is pretty good but nothing exceptional.

The Pyramid at the stupidly long title is fine.

Midnight is fantastic. So yeah, I can’t pick anything but Midnight.

5 Likes

Bells is pretty good, but hardly a Midnight. The other two are tripe.

5 Likes

Midnight

6 Likes

30 averages in the lower middle of my rankings, at around 179. Really only one episode here I’d consider particularly great though.

Destiny < Pyramid < Bells < Midnight

4 Likes

Midnight always.

8 Likes

I think my enjoyment has waned a little from the sheer number of times I’ve seen Midnight, but it’s undeniably one of the best 10th Doctor stories out there, easily

5 Likes

Ooffftt… no many doctors get this far do they! Midnight all the way though.

6 Likes

No, not many get that many stories (some debate as what qualifies as a single story):
Tom Baker 42
Matt Smith 39
David Tennant 1 36 (37 with Utopia separated)
Peter Capaldi 35
William Hartnell 29
Jodie Whittaker 29
Jon Pertwee 24
Patrick Troughton 21
Peter Davison 20
Ncuti Gatwa 16
Sylvester McCoy 12
Colin Baker 11
Christopher Eccleston 10
David Tennant 2 3
Paul McGann 2 (counting Night of the Doctor)

5 Likes

I don’t think any of the others are bad, and all of them could get a vote in another match up…but Midnight is Midnight.

6 Likes

Easy choice but also pyramid is like my least fav Nuwho ep ever

Bells is fun, and I’ve officially fallen behind on four again (this is the one I’m stuck on atm)

3 Likes

/lh

9 Likes

Should have edited it so the one guy has Jae’s pfp

5 Likes

One vote is unfortunate, because even looking at these four titles we pretty much know what we’re doing here haha. Midnight is one of the very best and the absolute creepiest hour RTD ever wrote, it’s one of the coolest episodes of DW ever made. It’s a shame because The Bells Of St John is so much fun and the Monks trilogy is very underrated, I’d wrestle between those for a second vote.

6 Likes

Romana’s outfit alone means you do not need to justify this vote :raising_hands:t3:

5 Likes