This year is flying by I didn’t even realize today was Wednesday! But alas it is and here we are looking at more stories from our titular hero. Last week saw Thin Ice have 51% , Stones of Blood 43% and a Town called Mercy with 33%
All previous polls are still open as are discussions no thread is dead
Here come this week’s stories and still have 2 choices
27th adventure
- The War Machines
- The Androids of Tara
- The Doctor’s Daughter
- The Power of Three
- Knock Knock
- Eve of the Daleks
6 Likes
Ooooooof this is tough to choose 2
War machines is truly great apart from Dodos departure
Androids of Tara another beauty that is the key to time and double the Mary Tamm 
Eve of the Daleks is one of the best new who appearances of the Daleks
Doctors daughter and knock knock are both alright
Power of three is AMAZING up until the last third
I will probably change but currently thinking of Eve of Tara (sorry war machines I send you my love )
6 Likes
If nobody else loves Knock Knock, I love Knock Knock
If nobody else hates Eve, I hate Eve…
11 Likes
I actually really like Power of Three 
9 Likes
The War Machines wins my vote.
6 Likes
I think up until the Shakri show up its an absolutely brilliant story
5 Likes
Having rewatched it recently, I can say with confidence that ‘The War Machines’ is not only one of Hartnell’s best stories, but an easy contender for one of the best stories of the 1960s overall. It’s also arguably the prototype for UNIT stories; the Doctor being placed on contemporary Earth to fight against a foe with the help of humans from that time lays the groundwork for the formula Troughton’s era would revisit and Pertwee’s would perfect. WOTAN is a chilling threat, Polly and Ben are given a pretty good introduction, and my only gripe (which I’ve mentioned elsewhere) is the unceremonious and rather rushed departure of Dodo. Despite that, this is a great finale to Season 3 that shows the First Doctor at his most conventionally heroic, and, for that, it’s an easy choice.
On the other hand, ‘The Doctor’s Daughter’ is a story I’ve always felt gets overlooked amidst the peaks of Series 4. It certainly isn’t helped coming off the back of an equally overlooked Sontaran two-parter and comes before ‘The Unicorn and the Wasp’, but I think this is a hidden gem of the Tennant era. You have the Doctor confronted with his worst impulses through Jenny who, in the span of a single episode, effectively regenerates internally to become more like her father; the Doctor’s pacifism and overall heroism bleeds into her, infecting her in much the same way he claims violence and killing can. Their relationship is, of course, the emotional crux of the whole story, and having it end so tragically is not only heartbreakingly beautiful, but so on-brand for the Tenth Doctor’s tragic life. There’s a lot more I can say about this story, but I’ll leave it as it is for now…
8 Likes
Eve is easily my first choice, one of my favourite new who Dalek stories.
I was between Power of Three and Doctor’s Daughter for my second choice, they’re both fun stories for different reasons. They both have a lot to say about the Doctor and family, which is a funny coincidence. I’ve gone for Daughter because I think it has more cohesion.
8 Likes
Eve is an easy choice for me - it’s one of my favorite specials. I went with Androids as well, it was difficult to pick a second.
5 Likes
Eve is an all-time favorite easily my top choice here. A couple other NuWho ones that I enjoy perhaps more than most people but still think I’ve gotta go for War Machines here
7 Likes
Afraid I have the exact opposite opinions haha, I really love Eve and don’t like Knock Knock
5 Likes
Not as low as 23, 18, or 13 were, but this one’s a low one averaging at 200th in my ranking. But you know what, screw it, I’m going to go back and update them all with my new rankings. It just doesn’t feel right to use outdated rankings.
I think it’s still going to be something like:
Daughter < Three < Knock < Tara < Eve < Machines
3 Likes
Why is the vote count looking like this?
Weird - it’s fixed itself now
3 Likes
It may change when I rewatch The War Machines, as I remember always loving that one growing up but have not seen it in years, but here I have picked The Power of Three and Eve of the Daleks.
The Power of Three I find a really good story apart from the ending, which was complicated by real life issues with the actor as the villain, but this is one of Chibnall’s stronger scripts for the show and the introduction of Kate Lethbridge-Stewart to the show who has been a wonderful recurring character across 5 Doctors onscreen eras and a great presence in Big Finish too. Eleven is great in this.
Eve of the Daleks is my favourite of the New Years Dalek specials and a great time loop story, I enjoy the guest cast and the execution squad daleks are a fantastic addition to the New Who Daleks. A slight change that is refreshing.
7 Likes
This one was hard, I like all of these except The War Machines, which I haven’t watched yet.
Doctor’s Daughter and Androids of Tara are solid, I really like Power of Three despite its faults and Knock Knock is also underrated. Eve of the Daleks is also a really good Dalek story.
I ultimately chose the 12 and 13 stories here.
7 Likes
Mine keeps doing that once I refresh it works though but next time I come back here it shows like that again @shauny
2 Likes
This one was fairly easy for me as The War Machines is one of my favorite First Doctor stories, as well as one of my earliest introductions to Doctor Who in general. I think the rest are all pretty good in their own ways, but I have gone with Androids of Tara since I quite like the Key to Time arc and I really enjoy the humor and characters in it. 
5 Likes
Kind of a funky group of stories lol, but I absolutely love Eve Of The Daleks, it’s very clever and loopy and has Aisling Bea, and I really love The War Machines, which is the blueprint for so many great Earthbound stories to come. I do think Androids Of Tara is a lot of fun, I like lots about Power Of Three and Doctor’s Daughter. Knock Knock is maybe the only one here I just don’t rate very highly, even after a few viewings (it has a good vibe but the ending is SO weak haha).
7 Likes
Yep, completely unchanged in the order, though the average is 196 now.
3 Likes