What are you currently listening to?

I didn’t care for The Marian Conspiracy on first listen either. I came to appreciate it better the second time around.

Have you listened to the ones with Bayban?

1 Like

Not yet - although my friend is a huge Colin fan like yourself so I’m hoping to borrow them from him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Considering what a collossal disappointment ‘Solitary Confinement’ was, I decided to go on something of a Master Marathon.

Kicking it off with this absolute gem!

8 Likes

what an audio, definitely the most atmospheric short trip and so much better with headphones

7 Likes

Listened to Scaredy Cat recently. It astonishes me that apparently people don’t like it - it was an atmospheric, spooky story with a good message. It was no Terror Firma, mind you, but it was still spectacular imo

4 Likes

Starting the journey towards A Death in the Family :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

5 Likes

I had planned on transferring all my old Fifth Doctor reviews over to TARDIS Guide that I had written when on the Other Site, but realised those old reviews were atrociously written.

Genuinely don’t mind in this instance, because it gives me an excuse to relisten to this immaculate box set.

4 Likes

I’m catching up with pre BF audio. Doctor Who and the Pescatons then the quick Exploration Earth.

4 Likes

What a coincidence, I’ve just started A Death in the Family myself. It’s been a fun journey.

4 Likes

oh enjoy, my favourite big finish audio ever

3 Likes

Just finished:

Doctor Who and the Pescatons 3/5

Exploration Earth 3/5

Slipback 2/5

Slipback was a tough listen.

2 Likes

You listen to Slipback as the historical curiosity it is, stemming the 1985 hiatus. You don’t listen to Slipback because it’s a good story. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Here’s my Slipback review: Review of Slipback by DarthGallifrey · TARDIS Guide

1 Like

I don’t listen to it again. I rather listen to John Cage.

1 Like

Just finished up Phantasmagoria, and figured the next few things I’m going to listen to

In order:

1. Lone centurian 2
  2. MR3 Whispers of Terrror
  3. TWMR Missing Molly
  4. TW1 I Hate Mondays
  5. TWMW Disco
  6. MR4 The Land of The Dead

Maybe Rose Tyler 2 after that, not sure

I’ve been really enjoying listening to a main range story between each set

3 Likes

I’m currently listening to the ArcHive Tapes. Interesting if not a little dry.

1 Like

I suppose im currently listening to The Last Adventure: The End of the Line, its on in the background to help me get to sleep lol

2 Likes

I just bounce between my favorites, currently its Stranded, the latter half of Ravenous and a few of the Torchwood ones I want my friend to listen to.

1 Like

Listened to The Dalek Protocol and The Fourth Doctor Adventures Series 8 in preparation for Dalek Universe. Wtih 4th i’m currently in Series 2 but i had to jump ahead after it was made clear with Dalek Protocol that i had to know more of Anya Kingdom.

Then i proceeded to liste to Dalek Universe 1. Funny enough there no stories featuring the Daleks but i quite liked it that way, it got to set up this temporary team and get a feel on how the dynamic works, which i have to say it’s splendid.

I also listented to He Who Figths With Monsters with The War Doctor. The very best thing they have ever done with character. A mission that it’s constanly challenging The Doctor beliefs and torturing him. It’s all quite sad but there that bit of hope in the ending that keeps one inspired. Absolutely magnificent.

3 Likes

I forgot how funny Lone Centurian is, don’t remember the exact quotes but to the effect of:

“I fought and killed Duke Harold the second, and his father, Duke Harold the second senior”

And as Rory’s getting tortured:

“BRING OUT THE IRON MAIDEN”
“Personally I prefer Oasis”

8 Likes