Are you talking about something specific? Share your example.
The best way if there are stuff that you want added is to just write in the topic.
I would rather not mention them out in the open, but I can discuss this more in DMs.
I don’t understand the secrecy, but if that’s what you prefer.
Because some people can be sensitive when it comes to others stating their work shouldn’t be eligible for this site and I don’t want that blasted everywhere before the mods have evaluated it.
My next epic story, “Sweetie Belle Sets Owen Harper On Fire” isn’t canon?
Only if it receives a sequel, “Sweetie Bell Blows Up Narvin Into a Thousand Tiny Pieces, Then Reassembles Him and Blows Him Up Again.”
This needs to be real!!! It would end up being my most repeated Doctor Who story ever
exploding narvin ![]()
That would be amazingggggg
“Sweetie Belle Makes Narvin Lunch”, maybe?
I kind of entirely disagree with you, when something doesnt have an official canon, everything thats liscensed, whether officially or by individual copyright holders, is canon. And slash or canon as a concept isnt really applicable. But thats just my opinion.
And Memory Beta is explicitly for liscensed but noncanon trek stuff, theres a third wiki for nonliscensed stuff
Lunch made out of Narvin?
![]()
I disagree that “everything” that’s licensed is canon for the purposes of TG. Anyone can license anything; it doesn’t mean it has a place on this site.
Yeah, not everything should be here, but that’s not entirely related to whether it’s canon or not
10,000 Dawns, and by extension a lot of the arcbeatle stuff, is a bit strange. My understanding is that something qualifies as being part of the Whoniverse if it originated in a licensed Who story, or in a story featuring a character who originated in a licensed Who story, and so on.
“Originated” is important here, if just featuring in a licensed Who story was enough, TG would have to add every single story from both Star Trek and Marvel Comics, to give just two examples, because of various crossovers with those properties. Note that only some of the Thunderbirds and Sting Ray comics are on here, the ones that feature characters or settings originally created for the Dalek comics (and I’m sure plenty of people find that a bit of a stretch, one for the “beyond the Whoniverse” flag perhaps).
10,000 Dawns did not originate in the Whoniverse, its first story is not a Who crossover, something which the wiki mentions. Various characters from the series, however, did originate in a Doctor Who short story collection. Except it was unlicensed and unofficial, as mentioned on the wiki page. Except except the back cover of the book they appeared in features a picture of K9 that was licensed. And, well, K9 is a Whoniverse character.
This is a very long-winded way of saying that it’s possible that I’m wrong on basically everything here, but I really hope the reason 10,000 dawns and various other related properties are on the wiki, and by extension, the guide, is because of a picture of K9 on the back cover of a book, because that is very very funny.
Of course, none of this matters, and after Shauny adds this new flag it’ll matter even less. I’m not sure why I wrote all this. I think I need a glass of water.
I don’t know if you’re joking, but if the only relation those stories have to the DW universe is a picture of K9 on the back cover, I don’t think that’s a good enough justification in my opinion for them to be on TG. Obligatory “lol” at the end because I don’t want to look like too much of a stickler. Lol.
Looking at the wiki page its definitely not the only relation, several crossovers with stuff like Faction Paradox and Cwej
Yeah, if I’m reading you correctly, I agree - the only conceivable line drawn with a franchise that has “no canon” is that of licensing, however tenuous/“unofficial” it might feel. And that’s surely half the fun of the site!
Why though? Beyond, like, vibes?
See, stuff like this, I think, is one of the sterling virtues of Doctor Who, not one of its weaknesses. A unique combination of historical circumstances means that all sorts of artistic “underdogs” are given semi-serious attention - which isn’t true for something like Star Wars, which has a very precisely-curated and specific corporate “canon”.
