We need a category for music/soundtracks on this website

I’ve just discovered this website and it’s amazing for keeping track of everything I’ve watched but there’s one part of Doctor Who that appears to be missing from the website: The musical scores. It would be wonderful if somewhere in either the stories section or maybe even its own pages there could be a category for music releases.

I’m finding it difficult to know if the early days of classic doctor who even had a musical backing track like the modern series, but it would be brilliant if this site were able to tell me when and where all the soundtracks were released. Murray Gold, Segun Akinola and all the classic composers.

This isn’t particularly pressing or urgent, just something I thought would be nice to have when browsing stories to know what music went into it

14 Likes

It’s so funny you made this post, I was actually thinking the same thing the other day that I wish there was a way to track soundtracks

Also congrats and welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

7 Likes

Hmm, that’s an interesting suggestion actually. So far, we only have in-universe story content on the site, and soundtracks obviously don’t fit into that category, but I’m sure it’s something we will add down the line!

Welcome to the community :)

7 Likes

Now I’m wondering how many members here will have 100%'d the official soundtracks. Bound to be some!

4 Likes

This would definitely be a lot of work but having the songs that are in each story present on the story page would be so cool.

3 Likes

It’s definitely something which has been raised before as a possibility. Non-fiction Doctor Who media is waiting in the wings and will hopefully come to the site all in good time.

Great to have you join our community @PraisLordStrax .

3 Likes

I’m a big soundtrack fan and have over a hundred movie[1], TV[2] and theater[3] soundtracks. I even have Carmina Burana[4]. I also have a number of the Big Finish audio soundtracks, but I don’t have any Doctor Who TV soundtracks. :open_mouth:


  1. James Bond movies, Star Wars trilogy, DC movies, Marvel movies, Kenneth Branagh movies, and musicals among others ↩︎

  2. Babylon 5, The Avengers, The Prisoner, and Farscape among others ↩︎

  3. 1776, Superman, Cats and Six among others ↩︎

  4. because O Fortuna was used in Excalibur ↩︎

3 Likes

3 Likes

I adore that soundtrack - gives me chills whenever I listen to it.

3 Likes

Paddy Kingsland’s scores are such a comfort listen for me. So atmospheric, & there’s a real warmth to it.

2 Likes

Naturally, I expect everyone to 100% Christopher Elves soundtrack for K9…

1 Like