We Listen and We Don't Judge - Galifreyan Confessions

Confess your secret Whoniverse shames!

What haven’t you watched?
What do you watch too much?
How many times have you seen David Tennant go when he doesn’t want to?
How many times have you secretly googled for a leak of Absent Friends?
What episode do you claim to hate but secretly love?
How much have you spent on Big Finish?
Or have you sailed the high seas? :pirate_flag:
Which novels have sat on your shelf forever unread?
Which book has a spine broken from being far too loved?

You get the picture!

You don’t have to answer any of the above. But we’ve all made choices. The key point here is…

We listen and we don’t judge

Post your confessions here:

:1tardis:

9 Likes

I’ll start…

My confession is that I spend a ludicrous amount of money on Big Finish CDs but I always use the app to listen to them. In fact, I don’t even own a CD player. I’ve also bought physical versions of CDs that I already own digitially just for the shelf.

15 Likes

The entirety of Shada, in any of its forms :eyes:

One day. Yes, one day. But until then… etc.

10 Likes

We listen and we don’t judge :grin:

6 Likes

Oh uh I fear I’m gonna be in this thread a lot.
I don’t think I’ve seen a single 5th Doctor serial. But I have heard Spare Parts upwards of 10 times, and it was my first BF story. Also, I still haven’t finished War Between…

12 Likes

Are you me? This is my great Whovian shame as well :sweat_smile:

Otherwise, much as I agree with a lot of the criticism of The End of Time, I’ll admit to secretly having a massive nostalgia soft spot for it (sorry @BillFiler)

10 Likes

As a bizarre form of therapy, I’ve viewed emotionally charged scenes more than is healthy. My favourites include “Doomsday”[1], “The Beast Below”[2], “Dark Water”[3], “Hell Bent”,[4] “The Doctor Falls”,[5] and “Dot and Bubble”[6]. On audio, I’ve been fond of “The Vengeance of Morbius”[7] and “To the Death”.[8]


  1. Take me back! ↩︎

  2. Nobody human has anything to say to me today! ↩︎

  3. I’d say I’m sorry, but I’d do it again! ↩︎

  4. How can I smile? ↩︎

  5. Why can’t I be angry? ↩︎

  6. the Doctor cackling before losing his shit ↩︎

  7. That’s my correct timeline! ↩︎

  8. Just go! Go! ↩︎

14 Likes

I have an unhealthy obsession with Allison Williams :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:[1][2]


  1. what do you mean you know… ↩︎

  2. ask not how many images i have of her saved in my phone ↩︎

18 Likes

I fear this is the main one for me. Being known as the Doctor Who fan in the family means relatives will default to buying you DW books for birthdays/Christmas, but I’m just not motivated enough to read them. :pensive_face:

10 Likes

I feel you. I also have many, many books that remain unread.

8 Likes

My biggest confession is that, due to the fact that he appeared in the Bernice Summerfield and War Master ranges, and has his own BF series, I thought Dorian Gray was a Doctor Who original character
Until a few months ago……
I just presumed he turned up in the VNA’s or some magazine comics or something and had no idea he was actually a really famous literary figure :sob:

20 Likes

This is my favourite one so far. It’s so wholesome.

6 Likes

things i could have never in a million years guessed [1]


  1. do not ask how many of those pictures i found ↩︎

12 Likes

I watched seasons 1-7 on a back water streaming service. the quality was so poor that when I rewatch I find episodes I didn’t know existed, clips/ endings that didn’t show, and I hear things and see things I didn’t see before. I didn’t even know Vincent and the doctor was an episode until months ago :sob:

10 Likes

This would have happened to me if I wasn’t assigned Oscar Wilde in high school.

7 Likes

I haven’t watched all of 15s era because I don’t want to pay money to watch doctor who, and I can’t and won’t pirate.

9 Likes

I’m not a fan of Evelyn and it’s pretty much due to her historical episodes.
She’s a historian but yet is completely clueless when it comes to anachronisms (Marian conspiracy) or how history would work (100bc) like we had Barbara who was a high school history teacher and took (mostly) better care /knowledge than a college professor when it came to the past and at least her desire to change history (Aztecs no longer sacrificing and the Spanish may not see them as savage) at least is plausible unlike Juliana Caesar in 100bc there’s no way in hell that a Juliana would even get to the level of power/influence Julius had on history.

Her historicals idk the hell out of me and if she were a librarian, math teacher, deep sea fisherman whatever else anything other than a historian I wouldn’t care and would enjoy her but her historical episodes irk me sooo much I can’t enjoy her in the future/off earth stories where I think she does pretty good actually

14 Likes

The “vintage” shop in my town had someone’s whole collection donated to it and i spent way more money on CDs for stories id 1 already listened to and 2 had downloaded on the app lol

9 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of DW comics I need to both revisit and read for the first time but they’re just kinda sitting in some compartments on the top of my bookshelf and have been doing so for quite a while…

7 Likes

Did you get a good deal??

2 Likes