Vammie's Intro!

Hello there! I’m Vammie (they/them)! I’ve been into Doctor Who for about six years now, my favorite Doctors are probably 8, 12, 3, 7 and 9! I’m currently working my way through the edas mainly as well as listening to big finish audios that catch my eye haha. I’m into weird obscure stuff in the Doctor who eu and queer doctor who history! I haven’t seen much classic doctor who outside of 3’s first few seasons but I would like to see more when I have time!
Some random doctor themed facts about me:
My favorite book is the Year of Intelligent Tigers, favorite episodes are Midnight and Face the Raven, and my favorite audio is A Natural History of Fear.

Outside of Doctor who I am interested in Star Trek, Dune, Ursula K LeGuin, Biology, Anthropology, Queer History and a wide variety of random subjects! I am an artist, usual medium is sketching but I’ve recently started painting and I sew little plushie sculpture things sometimes!
I’m not an incredibly talkative person so I’m not sure how often I will be on here posting stuff but if you want to chat feel free to :slight_smile:
My Tumblr is @vammieposts
EDIT: I also have a poorly made Doctor who neocities website where I keep links to Doctor Who websites so if you’re in the mood for some internet exploration enjoy my link collection! Here’s the link: https://vammie.neocities.org/links2

15 Likes

Hey! Welcome to the forum, great to have you here no matter how much or little you post!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @VammieSquid - good to have you here. Please do pop into threads to share thoughts - it’s all quite chill.

1 Like

Hi there. Welcome to the site.

I’m a big fan of Midnight too. Such a good, cinfined drama where we are the bad people.

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about for the site or forum feel free to ask and we all will point you in the right direction.

I Hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

3 Likes

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the site, let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

thank you so much!! I’m having fun exploring more of the site, I made an account ages ago but this is the first time I’ve looked at the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there. I believe we follow each other on Neocities :blush:

1 Like

We do!! Nice to see you here, your website is gorgeous btw!! :)) <3

1 Like

Thank you! :heart: I do try.

1 Like

@VammieSquid if you’re interested in queer Doctor Who history, I think the former script editor for BigFinish’s Torchwood range actually hosts a podcast that often covers that topic.

The name of Scott Handcock’s podcast completely escapes me now, though I’m not sure if he still does it; after leaving BigFinish he joined BadWolfTV and is working on the current TV series now, so time restraints might mean he isn’t podcasting now.

4 Likes

Hiya and welcome to :tardis:Guide. Great list of links you have collected.

1 Like

Oh that sounds really cool, I’ll have to look into it! thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like