User Age Poll

I’m in my 20s. Also, not to rain on your parade or anything, but there is a general thread right here:

Appreciate the activity, but try not to make too many new threads when some of the topics can be discussed there (or on other threads) instead.

9 Likes

oh sorry! I’m new and don’t quite now how it works yet. been using it like Tumblr

8 Likes

No need to apologize, just a heads up and a general pointer. That is our most active thread so good to know about regardless.

8 Likes

There’s also this poll!

Most people are around 20-30, but there’s lots of diversity : )

8 Likes

I was 20 - 30 around 20 - 30 years ago…

8 Likes

As do I (12 characters)

6 Likes

Idem for me… As if existence itself isn’t crisis worthy enough… Was I not 12 last year? Like when the covid-19 pandemic was just then? Oh, right, that was OVER HALF A DECADE AGO :sob:. At least I’ve got ‘till December, but lord… Being older was much more fun in elementary school… I’ve been using “…” so much lately… It’s the old noggin’ wandering about… Not what it used to be…

8 Likes

What are all you 20-somethings complaining about?! I’m turning 30 in a couple of months and I’m already worried I won’t be able to get out of bed :joy:

10 Likes

When I was 16 (been a whovian all my life), it was still like that. And everyone else seemed older too.

My dad used to joke that “no, there were other 16yo Doctor Who fans, but you kept going on about Dr. Who and Peter Cushing instead of David Tennant”

On the plus side, it means anyone you meet in your life you can force them to watch Doctor Who with you. And then you get to vicariously watch it for the first time again. I did that with my boyfriend when we were 17.

16 Likes

I do think you’ve found a universal expirence for us who-fans, forcing our significant others to watch it with us!

I remember taking my then-boyfriend from Scotland to London to see The Stuff of Legend after he’d only seen 6 epsiodes :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I’m 20. Can’t believe it’s been a year or so since I originally answered.

11 Likes

Can confirm my wife i got her into who while we were dating she loves 9-current classic we’ve only watched unearthly and episode 1 of the Daleks. She wants to watch sequentially so I don’t think we’ll ever experience that one. But at least she loves some form of who:)

10 Likes

Unfortunately can’t confirm here, the thing that really got me and my boyfriend talking was him finding out I’m also a massive who fan, and him asking my thoughts after the first episode of Flux

11 Likes

I’m… sticking to what I said earlier in the thread about being close to Sarah Michelle Gellar’s age. Same birthday, actually, different year.

7 Likes

Every NuWho Doctor has been older than me until Ncuti Gatwa when for the first time I was older than the Doctor :sob:

I’m younger than Billie though so fingers crossed there haha

13 Likes

Gatwa is just about 20 months older than me. So far no Doctor is older than me but that day when it happens will be a reality check :joy:

7 Likes

Well, some of us have spouses who are more difficult to persuade than others…

10 Likes

I’m still waiting for the day when I’m older than the Doctor. It’s probably happening soon. Millie was the first companion who was younger than me. It’s still wild to me that someone born in the 21st century could be old enough to co-star in a major TV show or win an Oscar (Billie Eilish) or similar things.

10 Likes

I came close to being older than the Doctor when McGann played him and I’ve been older than all the NuWho Doctors except for Capaldi. And, of course, I’m older than all the Doctors when they played the role.

7 Likes

I’m as old as Davison and Gatwa were when season 19 and Series 1/14/40 aired

I’m older than matt smith was during his entire tenure (he ended at my current age)

8 Likes