TLV Club: The Last Message

Act 2: Enter The Daleks

These stories are part of the second act of this event, telling the story of how the Daleks became part of this narrative. Although this takes place before Act 1, I recommend reading them after Act 1.

The Last Message - Time Lord Victorious Trailer

Short video

Incoming message from the Dark Times…

Watch it here:

The Last Message – A Mission to Destiny

Eaglemoss - Short Story

The Last Message was the second of four Time Lord Victorious short stories released by Eaglemoss Collections. It was printed in DWFC TLV 1, which came with the Dalek Drone and Dalek Emperor Figurine Set.

Here is a fan-made audiobook of this story:

  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters

I have also created a backlog for this club here: Time Lord Victorious Club - Backlog

If you want to track the playlist that we are using, you can do it here:

Next week:

2026-06-18 YouTube Daleks! - The Archive of Islos
2026-06-18 YouTube Daleks! - The Sentinel of the Fifth Galaxy
2026-06-18 YouTube Daleks! - Planet of the Mechanoids
4 Likes

I think that these are kind of nice whie being nothing special.

4 Likes

Agreed. As a side note I miss Eaglemoss so much :cry:

3 Likes

Well, it’s a short video clip teasing thigns to come. Not much more to it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It is also a short story!

5 Likes

That’s true. A cute little story!

3 Likes

it’s a cute little story that sets up the next part, explaining why the Dalek’s care about the Archive.

6 Likes

It’s definitely one of the more fluff pieces of TLV. It’s not bad, it’s not good, it’s there. The fan made audiobook is good though. I also really like the little trailer!

3 Likes

I realy like his audiobooks. He has made a lot of Who ones before. I usaly play them a little faster but not allways.

He is also @deltaandthebannermen friend but no one is perfect :wink:

4 Likes

The video is a decent teaser, but assuming you haddnt done anything else TLV The Daleks are probably the worst choise to send the message as its kinda like “well duh The Daleks dont like The Doctor”.

The Eeaglemoss story about it wad a lot better though, if still 3.5/5

3 Likes

“Interesting” is not a Dalek word.

I love the word “interesting”, I use it all the time when something fascinates me. Nothing better than learning new stuff/hearing an entirely new perspective… but I can totally see how that’s not something that is of any use to a Dalek.

"The Dalek’s had made themselves time sensitive. It was — it accessed the word it needed — “pride” to the Emperor.

Happy pride month, Daleks!

“That could only be found somewhere like the Archive of Islos”

Ooh interesting, so I wonder how this archive is going to play into the story… excited to find out!

Enjoyed this one, feels like it’s setting up something exciting!

I’m looking forward to finding out how they end up teaming up with the 8th Doctor!

Thanks as always for organising this club, Tian!

4 Likes

The Last Message

I expected to have no feelings whatsoever either way, so I was surprised that the voice really quite irritated me. Maybe it’s because it’s damaged and so it’s out of sorts, but it just sounded… wrong, and I didn’t love that. Also, SUCH an intriguing choice to juxtapose the dalek’s message to camera with the Doctor’s advice to subscribe to the official Doctor Who YouTube channel - it’s not a twist I saw coming, I didn’t realise Thirteen was going to be so prominent in TLV!

The Last Message

I quite appreciated this. I’m not a big dalek fan at all and it took a few paragraphs to adjust to being inside the head of one. But it was well written and a really effective companion piece to expand on the trailer. If I’m being picky, it seemed a bit silly that the Emperor doesn’t call on the strategist ‘for a reason it could not reveal’, given that the Emperor is alone and we’re just seeing into its thoughts, so there’s nobody it would really be revealing it to. But that aside, this was nice enough. Literally the only bit of TLV I’d experienced prior to this club was the Daleks! series[1], so it’s nice seeing a prologue of why they go where they go.

I’m nervous about where we’re going because, as I say, I’m not big on daleks. And I don’t remember being fond of the mini-series. But I’m hopeful that putting it all in situ will help. I have to say, everything is way more intricately interwoven and connected than I had expected. This is fun!


  1. And Time Fracture because I’m a legend. ↩︎

7 Likes

Not much to the video, but the story was kinda neat! Just finding the text ver was incredibly difficult so I docked points for that (though I probably shouldn’t have)

4 Likes

I was fairly underwhelmed.

The trailer was visually pleasing, but didn’t really do anything to make it stick in my head past watching it or to make me want more. (Review of The Last Message by RavenLilyRose · TARDIS Guide)

The short story was nice enough, gave something of a sense of at least one element of the greater story, but wasn’t anything to write home about.

Overall: unimpressive, but fun enough

4 Likes

The trailer is pretty but a bit silly - Daleks warning the universe about the Doctor? Isn’t that what they always do?

The short story was ‘interesting’ and it actually sets up the Archive of Islos, I had no idea before why they were going there.

Nice!

6 Likes

Yeah, the trailer is a bit of a nothing but does look cool.

The short story is fine but didn’t really grab me. I’m interested to revisit the next bunch of stories though because, aside from The Waters of Mars, they’re the only other bit of TLV I ever did.

Oh except Time Fracture. I did that. And it was so good! Have I mentioned that before?

3 Likes