The War Between the Land and the Sea -- General Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

THE WAR BETWEEN THE LAND AND THE SEA is set to launch with a double bill on BBC iPlayer and BBC One on 7th December.

The BBC has announced that the highly anticipated series The War Between the Land and the Sea is set to launch with a thrilling double bill on Sunday 7th December from 8:30pm simultaneously on BBC iPlayer and BBC One.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/broadcast-dates-revealed-for-the-war-between-the-land-and-the-sea

14 Likes

That’s great news! So soon!

But why won’t they say when the other episodes are airing? :confounded_face: I need to change the dates on the site!!

11 Likes

On a Sunday, huh?

Probably won’t be able to watch it until Monday, then. But this sounds good! Less than a month to new Whoniverse content!

Although two episodes mean that this is going to be over almost instantly :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Okay okay… Hype building :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Like I’ve said before, this show is genuinely exciting but I just don’t fathom why they can’t release it simultaneously outside of the U.K.

10 Likes

If they go every Sunday from there, we’ll get E5 on December 28th.

7 Likes

Because Disney doesn’t give a crap.

12 Likes

Seems like they’d want it done before Christmas though?

Maybe air the last ep on Christmas Day??

8 Likes

Yes, that’s another possibility I’ve been thinking about. The finale could be this year’s Christmas “special”.

11 Likes

Also, I love this photo! Might use it for the “Set”.

(Unless I can find a textless version of the first one)

10 Likes

That’s my new phone background, right there!

7 Likes

Its a nice image, a romance on the cards? :fish: :heart_suit:

7 Likes

I think that’s been implied from previous trailers.

5 Likes

First two episodes landing on the same day is a shame. You only have 5 episodes, so it feels weird to double bill any of that.

6 Likes

Oooh exciting (although I agree about dropping two episodes in one go for a limited 5 episode series seems a bit odd).

I am looking forward to this.

8 Likes

I can’t remember :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I really hope the first episode isn’t terrible. If it is, then December 7th is a day that will live in infamy.

6 Likes

Maybe they were going to release the episodes one a week and couldn’t find an empty spot in the schedule until December 7th, then looked at the calendar and thought “Oh no! There are only four weeks left of the year! We can’t air the finale in 2026! Let’s solve it by giving the fans two episodes at launch!”

Fans: “What the heck?!”
BBC: “Crisis averted!”
Disney: “…”
RTD: “Hoot! Hoot!”

9 Likes

Sarcasm is hard to gauge on a forum…

3 Likes

It’s been 9 years since we had a spin-off last!
And Kate is in it with UNIT!

I am so excited :smiley:

6 Likes