The Slugs Take Over The Internet

‘Dot and Bubble’ was an interesting story, but one aspect of the episode has taken the internet by storm…

What?

No, not that dreadful Timmy Mallett song which has been stuck in my head since the episode aired!

The Mantraps… which is a terrible name, so let’s just call them the Slugs.

Or, as @OctaviaTheNerd and @TheOnestOfNerds christened them:

Gilbert.

What do we all think of the slugs?

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of the slugs

9 Likes

I literally have no idea what this means!

3 Likes

The only “mantrap” I know is her:

(The salt vampire from the Star Trek episode “The Man Trap”)

6 Likes

Jokes aside, I like the design. I think the colour grading on this episode didn’t do the CGI any favours, though, and from a plot standpoint I’m not sure why there had to be slugs rather than the dots doing all the killing themselves. How did the dots even make these slugs?

6 Likes

Slugs were right all along. JUSTICE FOR THE SLUGS. SLUGS SUPREMACY!!!

On a serious note, I liked em in the episode. They were a cool red-herring. The explanation for there existence wasn’t really all that well explained or their reasoning for eating the people in alphabetical order tho.

9 Likes

The Slugs be like

I do agree that we coulde’ve gotten more explanation for their existence, but given how many people are crying out for a sequel / prequel adventure, I do think we might see them again.

Failing that, we’ll probably get a BigFinish Classic Doctors New Monsters set in ten years time that focuses on the homeworld becoming Slug World

13 Likes

NICK BRIGGS, I KNOW YOU’RE HERE SKULKING ABOUT. TAKE NOTES!!!

11 Likes

This post came out after Rise of skywalker

Which led to this meme

a62

5 Likes

Woooah Based Slug?!?!?!

(My lawyer has advised me to tell you that was a joke.)

1 Like

Slugs, innit?

Our new overlords and - hopefully - new mascot for the franchise.

I guarantee before the year is out, someone on Etsy will have made a plushie based on the slugs.

3 Likes

Love that they’ve just become the biggest meme and icons of the franchise.

8 Likes

RedBubble don’t make plushies - you’re thinking of Etsy

2 Likes

Right there with you.

Gilbert? Is that supposed to mean something?

• Slugs
  • Mantraps
0 voters
2 Likes

Just a name that someone in my group chat on Twitter came up with, after we all agreed that Mantrap was an awful name.

1 Like

Okay. I just wondered if there was a deeper meaning or some context I was missing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Gilbert is just a silly little guy name, and the slugs are prime silly little guys

5 Likes

The dots are really bad at killing. They couldn’t even polish off Lindy Pepper Bean. Their kryptonite is a metal pipe.

They were created by an AI. If I select everything on my desktop and press delete, it will either be deleted in order of modified date or alphabetical order. Same principal :man_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

The dots doing the killing themselves is more noticeable, too.

Besides, style points for actually “eating the rich”…

8 Likes

You know what… those are all really valid points that I haven’t thought of. God I love this forum.

7 Likes