The Master’s daftest plans

I saw these daffodils in the supermarket and they reminded me of the Master’s plan in Terror of the Autons to subjugate the human race by handing out weapons disguised as daffodils.

Mad. What do you think the Master’s daftest plan was?

7 Likes

I enjoy it, but…

8 Likes

Incidentally, shouldn’t this thread have a #master tag?

Creating the Keller machine, keep feeding it evil impulses to strengthen the entity within until it is out of control and teleporting all over Stangmore prison, all without a backup plan to contain or control it - and let’s be honest, seemingly without a purpose… That’s a bit daft innit?

6 Likes

I love this one. The Master is entirely fueled by a want of petty revenge on the Doctor, he could just have gone around the universe saying he was the Doctor - but no, he had to have a extremely convoluted scheme involving Daleks, Cybermen and forced regeneration, all while being both Rasputin and a seismologist and cosplaying the Doctor. It made no sense, it was daft and I love it

11 Likes

Totally and completely. And of course he danced to Boney M’s “Rasputin” while doing it. It was a crazy scheme. (But really, that’s part of the fun of the Master.)

Another Delgado scheme was the time he used “Tom-Tit”, headed over to Atlantis, and tried to free and take control of Kronos. Of course, that was also kinda a daft serial

6 Likes

Also what was his point in replacing the Adjudicator in Colony in Space really all about? Don’t get me wrong, it was amazing, but what was the point?

7 Likes

Honestly, with Delgado’s Master, it was almost like he was inventing schemes to take over the universe in order to spend some time with the Doctor…

7 Likes

It really is Who’s greatest love story

10 Likes

Well, one of them…

4n0hf0u3g7h71

7 Likes

I stand corrected :joy:

Edit: Jamie did give him the name John Smith that he still uses. If that isn’t love…

4 Likes

I don’t know, I think becoming a goo snake and possessing a guy and being dramatic af and trying desperately to get the Doctor’s body for reasons that aren’t entirely clear and then falling into the Eye of Harmony… that’s gotta be up there :rofl:

8 Likes
6 Likes

Surely, the decision to cosplay as some weird ‘Oriental’ mystic in Time-Flight is fairly near the top of his daftest plans.

7 Likes

I was going to say something about curse of fetal death not being canon, but then i realized that even if it was it still wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of this list

2 Likes

Ian gave him the name Doctor

The book Who-ology has a whole section rating the Master’s TV schemes based on craziness.

4 Likes

I mean, just the whole miniaturising people for a laugh is pretty whack

6 Likes