'The Diary of River Song: Series One' REVIEWED!

This range gets off to a bumpy start, but there are some real gems in this first series.

Vampiric drones that feed on saltwater within an 11th century tomb; a party ship where the Space Illuminati manipulate whole societies; an encounter with a mysterious man calling himself “Mr Song”; and the arrival of River’s husband… but probably not the one you were expecting!

My reviews of the first series are now available to read.

#1.01. The Boundless Sea

#1.02. I Went to a Marvellous Party

#1.03. Signs

#1.04. The Rulers of the Universe

If you enjoy reading these reviews, do feel free to drop them a like - I’m working towards those illustrious reviewer badges.

11 Likes

All great reviews, thank you for sharing! Good to be able to read your reviews when you cover something I am familiar with :grin:

I agree that although I love the team-up episodes with the various Doctors, it can always feel like less of a proper River story, and mind wipes are the big letdown. For this reason I really love episodes when she’s on her own, and the most recent new series where she is going beyond the Library will hopefully put an end to all the mind wipes!

I truly hope she gets to meet the 13th and 15th Doctors one day - on audio and on TV!

But I digress. The first box set was a mixed bag yes but I still love anything with River in! :heart:

7 Likes

I’ve actually got the entire second series reviewed too, so I’ll need to update them before uploading them here.

I also reviewed the first half of Series Three and then never came back to it for some reason. Suffice to say, if I deicde to pick up where I left off… might be a good idea to relisten to the other two stories.

It… uh… it’s been a while :eyes:

6 Likes

Oh wow, yes you must continue! I’m re-listening and having a blast with them.

I think you’ll really like the next one, My Dinner with Andrew. It’s fun!

5 Likes