"the deep and lovely dark. we'd never see the stars without it."

hey, i’m conor :crescent_moon: twenty-two from the UK - i’ve been a doctor who fan since the revival, and my current favourite doctor is 12 & what we’ve seen of 8 - i’m a big fan of the darker doctors, and a fan of anything that leans towards the gothic!

slowly making my way through classic who with my boyfriend @JayPea , we’re currently on season 8 with Pertwee :))

20 Likes

:purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

Helloo!!!

1 Like

Welcome!

As you love 8 (so do I), are you planning to listen to any of the audios at all? That’s where he really shines.

Enjoy Classic Who!

4 Likes

hello my love <3

i’ve been meaning to for a while, but i’m not the best at listening to audiobooks - next time i’m on a long car journey, i’ll definitely give them a listen! i’ve heard they’re quite dark so looking forward to it :):black_heart:

1 Like

If you like 12, go ahead and dig into some of the late 70s stuff for 4. Horror of Fang Rock, Brains of Morbius, Image of the Fendahl, Stones of Blood, they’re all hugely gothic influenced.

Also if you want an excellent 8 audio where he teams up with Mary Shelley, The Silver Turk is fantastic.

2 Likes

thank you! honestly want a better mary shelley dr who story after the one we had in jodie’s era lmao

1 Like

Ooh I really liked The Haunting of Villa Diodati. Conversely, with the exception Mary’s Story in The Company of Friends, I found Mary’s trilogy as a companion varied from average to downright bad.

2 Likes

Mary’s Story is good and I really enjoy The Silver Turk. The other two were just kinda meh.

1 Like

Welcome!

a fan of anything that leans towards the gothic!

Oh, well, if that’s so, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Hinchcliffe era!

2 Likes

Hi Conor!
I feel like you’d probably like The Chimes of Midnight, one of the Eighth Doctors earlier audio dramas. Its available for free on Spotify!
Also I’d recommend Vampire Science, City of the Dead and Camera Obscura from the Eighth Doctor Adventures novel range. Those are all darker stories for Eight.

Also the movie TARDIS is so beautiful isn’t it? So gothic and magical, my favourite console room!

3 Likes

thank you so much for the recommendations!! 100% agree on the TARDIS in the film, it’s one of my favourites despite the story not really being my cup of tea

2 Likes

Welcome! The 12th Doctor is my favourite too, so you have good taste!

3 Likes

Welcome!

You’re speaking my language. 12 is the best and so much yes to the dark, gothic side of Doctor Who

2 Likes

thank you!!!

2 Likes

absolutely!!

1 Like